1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tartarian Journal - 5x5 Workout, Dieting, Cardio, Spiritual & Philosophical Journey

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Imperator Tartarus, May 6, 2022.

1. Well with squat and deadlift I haven't the slightest what my max is. I rep 12 to 8 but I reset the weight a few times back to 135 because I don't feel my form is good enough and I'm scared of getting back pain. So far my squat is good form-wise.

My max bench is at least 250- I'm gonna find out what it actually is on Thursday

2. Imperator Tartarus

Imperator Tartarus Fapstronaut

That's a strong bench. You can build up to a good deadlift

Servo_Operator likes this.
  3. Imperator Tartarus

Imperator Tartarus Fapstronaut

No matter how much I feel that I know progress and journeys are not linear, there is a certain dissatisfaction and feeling of loss when I do slip up. Both in terms of NoFap, wherein I've struggled to maintain sobriety and slip up in moments of weakness. Every day I get stronger - I know that. The process is hard.

But also in terms of strength gains in the gym, I struggle to up my bench. I know I have not posted my progress the last few weeks - I've kept it up and haven't missed a day, even when I felt like it last week. Strength is hard, its taxing on the body. I get that, but I can't shake the feeling of weakness when I don't push the weights I want to.

I'm in a hole mentally, a deep and dark hole. It's lonely in here, but I need to conquer the cave myself. There are thousands of different tunnels but I don't know the one that brings me to the light, I am so very tired and don't know if I'll make it out. Every day is a struggle, every gym session is a struggle, my mind is clouded and I can barely focus. I feel I have fallen so far, yet I don't know how much further I can fall. My struggle is crawling back up without slipping. I want to make it out a better man than I am today. Will my current hardship forge me anew?

This is a bit more of a memoir post - an introspection into my mind today and the last few months.

BruceWayne123 and Cirilla like this.