1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE SUPER SAIYAN CHALLENGE! What is your Power Level?! (RANKS ARE BACK, GET YOURS NOW!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Mar 11, 2019.

Do you have what it takes to become a Super Saiyan?

1. I don't know yet, i'm gonna start training now!

25.1%
  2. Yes, but it will be hard.

25.5%
  3. Not only Super Saiyan, but i can go even beyond. AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

47.2%
  4. I can only reach the level of an Elite Warrior, nothing more than that.

0.7%
  5. I can't even beat Yajirobe, i'm a failure. ;(

1.6%
  1. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Saiyans!

20 Days Free of PMO.

Another day of working out, exposure, meditation, reading and work.

Keep training!

"If Virtue promises happiness, prosperity and peace, then progress in virtue is progress in each of these"
    -Epictitus.

@Peppy congrats on ascending to Elite Warrior!

Peppy likes this.
  2. 48. Every morning my demons come and seek to torment me. There is no logic, no reason in indulging in them. I have already set my purpose, and I can only find amusement in watching them aimlessly fly around me, as if noticing them was already half the battle lost.

I see Mara's illusion. I will have to see it hundredfold, thousandfold even if i wish to find my way out of Scylla and Charybdis' lustful trappings.

3. And I fell again.. Starting from Day 0

Redemptionisrequired and Peppy like this.
  4. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

I relapsed today. Back to Day 0.
    I don't feel guilty. Is that a bad thing?

5. After enough rounds on the addiction carousel you’ll find that guilt isn’t a productive emotion.

6. Peppy

Peppy Fapstronaut

7. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

Which emotion should we harness after a relapse?

Redemptionisrequired likes this.
  8. Day 142! 8 days more training for the next level (my longest streak was 140-150 days)

9. I would say guilt, as in feeling bad about your actions and their consequences is an appropriate emotion.
    The pain you feel is there to teach you that something you are doing is wrong and should be changed.
    Shame, as in feeling like you are an inferior or worthless human being because of your failures is not appropriate.
    It can only lead you to despair, leading you to dangerous paths. We do not want that.
    Learn from your mistakes and improve. Rinse and repeat. Do not feel bad about who you are. All humans make mistakes.

Toni7, hewm, Kingfisher and 2 others like this.
  10. Checking in, I keep fighting, I will not give up.

Toni7, LLOYYD, hewm and 3 others like this.
  11. Redemptionisrequired

Checking in Saiyan's!

21 Days Free of PMO.

Slowly but surely as the days go by I'm feeling better from the Vertigo, as I mentioned I believe I found the culprit. I just have regular dizziness left and cannot stay too long on a screen, which makes work very troublesome. We press on.

Same recipe today, workout, meditation, exposure , reading and work.

Suffering becomes beautiful when anyone bears great calamities with cheerfulness, not through insensibility but through greatness of mind. -Aristotle

Keep training!

@DRAGON_ and @hewm Rise again Saiyan! Assess what caused the relapse, down to the emotion, place and time. Put effort into coming up with a contingency plan for those situations.

@hewm Guilt won't serve you, it's part of the rinse repeat relapse cycle. Although if you're on the complete other side, thinking: "Balls, i'll just keep relapsing I don't care" then, yes that mindset needs to be addressed.

@Peppy and @Kingfisher That's awesome! Keep paving your path warriors.

12. Sure man.. I totally got it.
    Day 1

Toni7, Redemptionisrequired and Peppy like this.
  13. I don't think there is a should on this. As with any emotion, all it really is is an impression, as the Stoics would call it. It's better to have a rational calculus in deciding what to do next and how to avoid relapse next time than to tear your clothes and hair like some bereaved Hebrew in biblical times. And even if you didn't feel like you learned anything, the experience is still grist for the mill. It will set the groundwork for whatever you've read or learned intellectually to really sink in and make sense.

Now if you feel angry, that can work. Some people addicted to drugs find that anger helped them quit their vice for good. My dad came to the realization that something smaller than his pinky held immense control over him and that royally pissed him off and made him quit. Specifically, what really helps is anger from being cheated in this addiction.

14. Aaaaanyways, we at day 49 baby! Keep them days coming.

15. Peppy

Peppy Fapstronaut

16. Checking in.
    I struggled yesterday, had urges and difficulties but resisted.
    I felt bad about not being able to solve some problem at work, triggering a thought of not being good enough which triggered an urge.
    I managed to resist it and not fail, which was tough, and then I calmed down.
    Interesting thing was, that I was thinking to text some girls from my past. One of them a very rotten apple that did me great harm.
    When I calmed down I realized this is not my genuine wish but a symptom of the addiction. My mind being desperate for any fix.
    I had struggled mightily with this in the past, distinguish my true desires from deranged, perverted P thoughts.
    The more I persevere the more my mind will clear. Keep on training fellow Saiyans!

17. Redemptionisrequired

Checking in Saiyan's!

22 Days Free of PMO.

A little bit more anxious this morning, also very eager for this dizziness to finally subside.

Intent for the day is similar, meditation, walking, exposure , reading and work. I aim to spend more time outside as well.

Keep training!

18. 50! If I get to 60 that's a new personal best. At least for the last ten years.
    You know, I've just been entertaining this book idea for quite a while now, and last night, I had a bunch of ideas come to me in fleshing it out. I'm absolutely convinced that this reboot made that possible. I'm of a firm conviction that we don't make our ideas ourselves but that they themselves are just waiting to be found. I think NoFap helps us become more aware of these ideas so that they're ours for the taking. We'll see what happens.

19. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut