1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by calo9025, Feb 12, 2016.

1. calo9025

calo9025 Fapstronaut

So there is this girl that I have become pretty good friends with and I also happen to be attracted to her. We get along very well, our personalities match, we have similar interests, she looks good. It would be an ideal relationship. There is only one problem. She's taken and will probably get married to this guy too. He treats her really well and they work great together. A part of me wants to say how I feel but then another part of me doesn't want to make it weird and ruin the friendship because of this. Some of my friends are saying try to win her over but I feel like that would be a dick move on my part for doing that. Anyone else been through this?

2. Mozey05

Mozey05 Fapstronaut

Hey calo9025, I feel very sorry for you. But if I would be in your situation I would let her go and let her be happy with this guy, even if it hurts me, because you can´t force someone to love you and you shouldn´t. If you can live with your feelings for her and still be friends than be friends. The problem is that maybe it can hurt you after a several amount of time and then to overcome the pain you must overcome the feelings. And that is only possible when you are letting go from her.
    Anyway I wish you very good luck with this situation. I believe in you that you will someday find someone who is attracted to you and I believe that you two will live happily together.

3. Harvhe

Harvhe Fapstronaut

Try and be happy for her without being the wolf constantly at the door. (that'll do you no favours reputation wise)

If they do break up, i would advise offering a shoulder to cry on but don't take advantage of it, even if you need to temporarily freindzone her a bit until she's a more rational state of mind. Take the time to express what a good friend you are (don't go over the top and end up sidelining yourself to someone else though lol) with a little effort on either side, if you really are as well matched as you think you are, it'll start to stick like ends of a magnet and hopefully you will find each other.

Forcing them apart wont do you any favours (even if you keep it a deadly secret to everyone and it stays that way) be happy that she's happy, and he's happy and that you're happy for other people being happy. :)

4. dasss

dasss Fapstronaut

From your post it's obvious that you like her but she likes you back ??
    She might like you as a friend.Get her on a date and talk about this is the best solution to your problem.She might be happy with that guy. Move on and meet other chicks who are single.
    Good luck.