1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Role of Catholic Laity

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Along with our personal obligation to become holy the Catechism states that we, as Laity, are also called to evangelize particularly in places where priests are unable to reach.

Evangelization can take many forms, not the least of which is charity. I want to thank all of you for the time you charitably donate to keep this forum alive with your posts for the purpose of unselfishly seeking to help one another attain holiness through the practice of our beautiful faith. Please continue to inspire each other. Thank you for inspiring me.

Someone once said, consider that the only bible some people may ever see is you. Let us be known by our love for God, including the bit of God that the Father built into each one of us.

Have a beautiful and sober day today while you open your heart to Christ and the directive of Selfless Love.

born3 and Mara43 like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I had a good friend who died from cancer several years ago. We were work colleagues and we became friends through our work together. We first met in the UK, where he was from. During his fight with cancer, I learned more about him and it was sad to learn he came from a family with zero religious beliefs. I think most of our mutual friends also had zero religious belief. I still find it strange to consider but I suppose, I was the only practicing Christian he knew. That realization makes me regret that I didn't do more to introduce Him to Our Precious Lord.

If you were raised as I was, by two deeply faithful parents, and educated with 12 years in Catholic schools, it may be hard to fathom that there are so many people in today's society whose only knowledge of Christianity comes from modern media, replete with its skepticism and thinly veiled hatred of Christians.

We have a role to play and Christ expects it of us. Dear Lord, give us the courage to share our faith, for your sake, and with no concern about what others may think and say about us.

again and born3 like this.