1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The road less traveled.

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. ProfessorW

ProfessorW Fapstronaut

Galatians 5 speaks of walking in/with the Spirit and paints a picture of 2 paths. There is what I call the Spirit path and the flesh path. You can choose (although it's sometimes very difficult) which path to follow. To stay on the path, you need to follow the trail markers. In this case, our trail markers are the "voice" of the Spirit or the voice of the world (Satan).

Most of us have an addiction problem which is way more complex than "just"a sin problem, but bear with me.

The voice of the Spirit convicts and reassures us that the consequences of our actions are in His hands.

The voice of the World makes us feel shame and anxiety over the consequences of our actions.

Listening to the Spirit requires proactive effort on our part, whereas we hear the voice of the world without even trying.

Which voice are you listening to today? Which trail markers are you seeking?

What I've destined may seem simple but understand that simple and easy are two totally different concepts. In fact, they often are opposite ends of the same stick (see Paul's speech about doing what he ought not to, etc).

Be deliberate today....even if you fail...be intentional as to what voice you seek.

Shaloam