1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The productivity streak- 12 hours of work everyday of week.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 4, 2019.

how many hours a week should one work.

1. 90

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. 80

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. 70

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. 60

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. 50

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  6. 40

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

I think this is a great idea!

What do you define as work?

Is this working towards dreams and goals (for example the gym), or just school and jobs? :)

2. the awakening

the awakening Fapstronaut

yeah not all erection only those erections which resulted from some stimulation, physical or visual. I have erection in waves whole night even when I am not thinking anything.[/QUOTE]

But your monk mode is really intersting

KurosuX and Deleted Account like this.
  3. work includes gym if not for hobby or you have some dedicated goals for your body, work include study, upgrading skill, learning new skill, office work if it help in your promotion, dreams like building a software or any application and want to sell it to a big renowned company, work is building a business.

simply it includes everything you do to fulfill your short or long term goals in life. hobbies and leisure activities obviously does not count in work, otherwise everybody shall do WORK more than 14 hours easily. work is something which takes active efforts.

KurosuX likes this.
  4. But your monk mode is really intersting[/QUOTE]
    thank you sir, I am still struggling with achieving monk mode to its 100%. every then and now anger comes to me, irritation, sadness and sexual thoughts.
    but every day I am taking one step to achieve 100% justice to monk mode.
    according to me being in hard mode simply stops ejaculation from body but body keep producing semen. my theory is than by fully committing to monk mode we can slow or completely stop the frequent formation of semen. and those newly freed resources we can use in some creative work. it is just my theory, cannot prove it veracity though.

KurosuX and the awakening like this.
  5. day - 9

today could work for 8 hours. had some personal crisis in family. but I just feel stupid now to take than family problem on my shoulders and wasted half of the day. I need to work whole night to make it up for the lost time. may be till 2-3 in morning. sad to break the schedule but no options.

yesterday was too busy to update so forgot to update but work was good yesterday, gave more than 11 hours.

the awakening and KurosuX like this.
  6. the awakening

thank you sir, I am still struggling with achieving monk mode to its 100%. every then and now anger comes to me, irritation, sadness and sexual thoughts.
    but every day I am taking one step to achieve 100% justice to monk mode.
    according to me being in hard mode simply stops ejaculation from body but body keep producing semen. my theory is than by fully committing to monk mode we can slow or completely stop the frequent formation of semen. and those newly freed resources we can use in some creative work. it is just my theory, cannot prove it veracity though.[/QUOTE]

I have remarked that fantasize about sex can drain energy from me. I Think this is why the monk mode is effective not only to totally surpass that primal instinct that keeps you in a low mind state but also to keep as much energie as you can and redirect it to work or accomplishing your destiny.

7. the awakening

i feel you with the family crisis those situation can really drain energy and make you feel depressed. Those crisis can make you lose a lot of time

8. exactly sir, tension in family is still there but I am trying to ignore this stuff and focus on my personal future. family problem for me is constant pain since past 6-7 years, this is like a big burden on shoulders for which we can not do anything. everybody say time will sort out every thing, I am still waiting for that time.

9. day-12

today was great productive day, did some 11-12 hours of work. I succeeded In working hard because I was growing stoic. past 3 days I could not update because I was too busy working.
    hoping for great efficiency tomorrow too.

KurosuX likes this.
  10. true sir, if sex or related stuff comes to my mind, minimum 1 hour and maximum whole day becomes unproductive for me. these days I am becoming highly vigilant as far as thoughts are concerned. I take them very seriously.

11. the awakening

Why you don't move out ? Sometimes family members can be really toxic for our development

12. i am not exactly with my family i am in different city right now, but i am semi dependent on them. sometimes i make money sometimes i don't, i am not doing exactly a kind of stable job, i build products, if they are accepted by company i get paid otherwise i don't.
    my family doesn't understand that i am already too stressed about my career but they keep reminding me stuff which is negative and related to inter and intra family problems. we are financially sorted and have a lot of money but i want to make a path by myself.

KurosuX likes this.
  13. day-15
    i was busy and was not able to update here.
    today evening i shall update thread.

14. the awakening

Oh okay that's great that you are an entrepreneur. That's honorable that you want to make a path by yourself. I really respect that. You know a lot of people want to win the lottery but you know what, even if i would win, i would give everything to my mom and still try to get rich by my own.

So you build product for company right ? What kind of product if i may ask ? by the way i'm working as an accountant in Switzerland.

Were are you from ?

15. Poor Yorick

Poor Yorick Fapstronaut

Hello. Interesting concept. I have some questions, if you don't mind.

Have you always been this productive? Did you have to work up to it? How long did that take? In the post, you mentioned having few other commitments, so that makes sense. There are some - the Theodore Roosevelt types - with abundant natural energy, the right environment, and either encouraged or innate headstrongness to make something of that energy, but I find that most people who strive to work THAT much have other reasons, and I'm wondering what you would define as your reasoning (e.g. there's a reason most people don't aim for jobs that have 80 hour work weeks, and it's typically a very certain type of person who wants that kind of job). I hope that this doesn't implicitly come across as accusative. Many CEO types have a "NEVER GOING BACK THERE" mindset that drives them to do whatever the hell they can to get as much mileage between them and the opposite of their ideal. I have a friend who started a recording studio who now is a minor but notable figure in the industry, for example, but he was definitely driven in a possibly unhealthy way to overcome his family, his ex - himself.

So it's probably none of my business, I'm just curious about the work 12 hours concept and how you arrived there. On my end, a lot of my goals relate to depression and doing whatever I can not to be there. But I also take a Taoist kind of approach and assume that the empty space we work with is just as valuable as the matter we work with. My writing a letter to a friend - which required charm, intellect, higher faculties and so on - was equally valuable as the walk to the mailbox, which required pretty much nothing but ambulation and idle thoughts. Anyways. I respect the desire to use your time well and achieve competence, it just made me curious about your motivations.

16. i am into coding sir.

KurosuX likes this.
  17. Have you always been this productive? - no, never. i was totally opposite to anything productive.
    Did you have to work up to it? - yes a lot actually- faced sadness, depression, anxiety, guilt because of pushing myself in a direction i never went in past.
    How long did that take? - depend on urgency of something. if i know that i would not be having money to buy food next month or pay rent, working hard become only option.

when i was hardcore pmo addict- i was very sporadic. 3 days of extreme good efficiency and next 5 days very less or not productive at all. nofap gave me strength. but still i am not completely out of flat line.

why 12 hour mark- i thought more than 12 hours is unhealthy. i have days where i had to work 14-15 hours but these days are few in an year. 12 hours a day is 100% a human can achieve according to me. and its not easy, we have to strive for 12 hours.

as depression and sadness is concerned, i understand your concern for it. and i can say i still have few days of depression/sadness every month.

i don't compare or envy CEO lifestyle OR "NEVER GOING DOWN THERE" attitude. it is just because i need to work this hard i take inspiration from them and ask myself if they can do wy why can't i work harder. that is it.
    otherwise i just want to drink sleep have fun and make merry. but it is just my compulsion to work harder and to make it easy for me i update here whenever i get time for motivation.

KurosuX likes this.
  18. a slight change in schedule - now i am going to strive for 11 hours per week and 80 hours per week.

why- i was observing a pattern where i could even after giving all time to work able to work for 11:30 hours a day. so its better to reduce 12 hours by 1 hour mark.

i was also a bit lazy as far as my wakeup routine is concerned. now onwards 4:45 AM is to be my last minute on bed.
    Work day will end on 8:30 pm.

16 hours of awake time i am giving 2 hours for exercise + 2 hours for shower and eating + 1 hour rest. i think this will be more practical for long term continuous stress situation.

KurosuX likes this.
  19. India, sir.

the awakening and KurosuX like this.
  20. Poor Yorick

Poor Yorick Fapstronaut

There's a school of thought that our brains can only really handle 4 hours of creative work a day, which is why most 9-5's in America are grossly inefficient or hella stressful. This article is kind of the lite version of the idea, but it alludes to the actual journalists/scientists who've done the actual research heavy lifting. https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/this-is-the-ideal-number-of-hours-to-work-a-day-ac.html

That being said, 12 could be right for you. Some people make it work. And I think it's admirable to try and see what your limits are. That's pretty freaking awesome, actually. I feel so much better about myself and the world when I know I'm striving forward in some way. But I think for me (my work is mostly in creative writing), I get burnt down to the cinders if I try and write reams every single day. I have to recharge. I also do a lot of house cleaning, exercise, things to dislodge the thoughts . . .

Deleted Account and KurosuX like this.