1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Motivational thread.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kratos_GOW, May 26, 2019.

1. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

You can do it bud. Many guys who have bigger bussiness does not have respect from many ppl but you do. So you are doing great.

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  2. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  3. Thank you brother, it gain my confidence and I will do my best!! :)

Kratos_GOW and CoolBuddy7 like this.
  4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

After about 21 days:
    - got a job offer, nailed the interview, next week will resign from the current job - this would probably not have happened, due to anxiety;
    - I wink at girls and they smile;
    - internally resolved a conflict I have with another person and it feels liberating;
    - severe cystic acne at 37yrs old (no doctor was able to fix it - accutane twice ) has receded almost entirely in one week. Instead of hundreds of painful cysts, I have now two small blemishes that are hilariously persisten;
    - since PMO is an addiction and is rooted in emotional pain, I spent more time with the pain and not escaping it, thus my mental anguish and overthinking have reduced significantly.

I mostly cut the P from PMO, I still do the MO part on rare occasion and I am aware that I use it as an escape from internal pain; this is the most difficult and deepest pain, as the compulsion started when I was 7 years old.

Finally, I came to realize that what I considered to be an ok, or at times good childhood was in fact 18 years of torture, terror, abuse and violence, all emotional and not physical. I see my parents through different eyes now and I hope to be able to forgive them one day.

Kratos_GOW and CoolBuddy7 like this.
  5. Also been an unwanted child? Welcome to the club!

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  6. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear your were or felt unwanted.

I wouldn’t say, in my case, unwanted, but my parents almost never allowed me to express my feelings in any way. I was supposed to be a piece of furniture, I guess.

I don’t remember ever playing with my parents. My dad was constantly angry, my mom almost never intervened in his bouts of anger, rather told me to stay quiet because dad is angry. He was not angry as in shouting, that would have been great, but he was frowning all the time and did not talk or answer any questions for hours; passive aggressive. I was not allowed to bring friends home or go to friend’s places. Was not allowed to take up any sports, on the contrary. Any positive outcome from my school was disregarded as ‘isn’t it normal? You want a medal?’, whereas any negative outcome (even simple stuff like low marks) was seen as a failure in life, time to lower the expectations of the future, bringing shame to family, silent treatment for weeks and sometimes months. My only task was to sit and say/do nothing. Even when I was beaten twice by gypsies, the teachers intervened, but my parents, looking back, didn’t seem to acknowledge that this is something that should not happen.

I have been beaten up (only) twice by my dad on the feet soles with thick plastic rulers, that I had to take sick days from school because of pain and shame: one for smoking at age 10 (both my parents were smokers) and one for stealing stationary that my dad... stole from his work (go figure).

So I think, looking back, that this discrepancy between how my parents behaved and how I was supposed to behave created confusion and dissonance; and at age 10, you can’t be held responsible for not being emotionally mature.

I think i depressed the motivational thread haha sorry guys!

Kratos_GOW and Deleted Account like this.
  7. It got confirmed by mother this year. Even as a child I intuitively knew they were living a lie. But now there is no doubt about it anymore.

This is exactly how unwanted children get treated. Maybe there is some bittersweet lie for you to uncover as well.

properWood likes this.
  8. I'm also going through the process of realising that my childhood really wasn't ideal. I have forgiven my parents and accept them for who they are I acknowledge that they did their best through their own pain, but it still just really hurts knowing that a lot of my mental health issues originated from a cold, unloving environment growing up. I don't have the mental clarity to write much more about it now, just wanted to express that you're not alone in dealing with that mess of emotional content.

properWood likes this.
  9. Hey brother, I feel you.
    Don't worry we're here as community to support each other.
    Take time to absorp material in this forum and encourage others.
    I think one of the best way to get out from depression is by helping others.
    Good luck and ask away if you have any question, I'm sure there are others here who can give you great answers
    Keep the faith :)

BeastModeAlpha9 likes this.
  10. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

I m sorry for what happend to all of you. Didn't know you had these kind of experiences. I cant change the oast but we have our future in our hands. The world pull us down but we have the strength to rise and shine. We were born for greatness. The people with troubled past often turn out to make the best future for themselves. We are with you boys. Use the pain and make a better living for yourself

11. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

12. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

I do bruh ! Let's become that One again ! Did you complete my challenge for today, brother ? I tagged you in that post, in the Duel thread ?

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  13. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

i checked in for today. Day 2 going in strong

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  14. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

No brother, about the three challenges for everyday. Also, it was your turn to give us challenges yesterday. Maybe you forgot ?

15. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

I think i am forgetting something here, remind me what was it again?

CoolBuddy7 likes this.
  16. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

up for weekly team challenge?
    4 teams 5 members each
    but only 7 days to find a winner.

CoolBuddy7 likes this.