The Most Important Chapter

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Once you are a Christian, the most important chapter (if you are struggling with a sinful habit) may be Matthew 4. In this passage, satan tempts Jesus. From this passage, we are shown exactly how to react to temptation. Satan gives a temptation and Jesus quotes a scripture to him. Let's look at an example:

You click on a TV show and the top of the screen says “Graphic Nudity.” Hopefully, you will instantly click away and find something else. But, what if you are a deer in the headlights... you are compelled. In that case, satan is tempting you. To fight back you copy Jesus' example and quote:

1 Corinthians 9:27 ESV But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”

That will cool you down a bit. If it does not you look for more verses about lust. Trust me... if you keep reading them – you will cool down a lot. Here is my fav.

Matthew 6:22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, 23 but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!”

Darkness leads to depression. I don't want that.

But if that doesn't work you can find some really harsh ones if you try.

Second, form the habit of fighting temptation like Jesus did. Print out Matthew 4 and look at it every day. Highlight key passages, and memorize what Jesus did.

Third, take note of how you are tempted. Which verses on lust will you quote to overcome specific temptations that you often get?

Fourth, if you fight temptation exactly as Jesus did... How much help do you think Jesus will give you?

Fifth, I have a bunch of pro football games DVR'd. But I want to watch shows with beautiful females. But if I watch too much silliness, temptation will start. If I am fighting back with scripture, I can “Turn off the silliness” and watch the football game and stay free. And still, be content and enjoy them.

Copy Jesus' technique to fight temptation. It always works when you work at it.

Tao Jones likes this.