The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

back to zero.
    shit.
    there is no reason for this relapse but here it is.

my girlfriend is entering into depression and I can't really help her, and its killing me.

now I really feel like shit. and all of my energy right now is just to fake it until I make it for today for her and for myself in term of not letting this relapse ruin the rest of my day.

2. Green Boy

Green Boy Fapstronaut

Thank you for this.

3. Green Boy

Green Boy Fapstronaut

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

There is always a reason to relapse and if you won't find it and eliminate the root of it you wont be able to free yourself. Well it looks to me that you are blaming yourself for the way your girlfriend feels. Why?
    There is a way to help a woman and it is by listening to her by just being there for her without giving her any advises on what to do. Watch this, it might be something that helps.

5. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Watch out for the laziness to turn into shady searches and other slippery slopes. Finding something engaging to do is, to me, key to recovery.

Day 16 (I think).

I was tempted a lot yesterday and today. I told my wife I had been "good," which means no PM, since we made love the night before last. This is true, and now that I have told her, I will stick with it because she will expect that. That is part of the reason I told her: accountability. Otherwise I might masturbate just because she might not find out.

Anyway, this is the start of another good day.

Best of fortune to all!
    ~Al

6. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

7. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

Day 11 Check IN!!!
    I woud say this time i feel more in controll.
    I uninstalled instagram and facebook and now i dont have so much urges.
    I feel more free, and now i have so much more time.
    Just i dont feel i have benefits like before, because i felt before i was more confident and had more energy.

8. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

261 days the stairs of Cirith Ungol
    335 days no PMO, semen retention

9. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 45 i was looking a review of the movies of Tarantino on youtube and then appears a women dancing suggestive for 5 seconds , then get out of the video but then i return to watch completely the review just to see a little of that scene.
    I should reset my days?

10. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

11. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

12. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

of course not, but you haved fish bro, and that´s extremely dangerous. that´s how crashes of big streaks begins. try to refrain from any kind of lustful content bro, because it´s not the first glare that´s dangerous, it´s what happens in your head when you shut down the browser, that´s when conflict begins. so to prevent any inner turmoil, don´t fish bro, never fish :)

13. RiseToGreatness

forget about staying busy bro. you´ll create pressure on yourself, which will eventually escalade to stress and then escaping through pmo.

plan your day. it makes all the difference. put all the productive activities, recreation, leisure time, etc. in a plan and follow it. do a new plan everyday. leave instant gratification activities (like tv, social media, videogames, etc...) after you done some productive activity first. that way you´ll feel rewarded and entertained ;).

spend your day well bro, that´s what matters.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  14. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

All right, i will avoid it then thanks
    [​IMG]

15. RiseToGreatness

Checking in my brothers and sisters, still feeling like shit but my mood is slightly better than yesterday :)

I must say i´m happy that in this thread the posts of detailed accountabilies are rising in a consistent way. that means members are willing to share more of their journey, victories and struggles, with the group and that´s incredibly powerful in the reboot process.

Fellowship 1 - 0 Addiction

Have a good day :)

16. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

17. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 20,

Keeping active with work but keeping away from a workout. My hip has been bothering so I may run tomorrow. Class again tonight and my intention is not to fish for anything lewd and do my best to just pay attention in class.

Zoom school is pretty boring honestly.

Keep strong Fellowship!

18. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 1

It's almost been a month since I last checked in brothers, and to be perfectly honest, the proverbial hit the fan.

I relapsed back in early February (which now makes me realise just how much time has gone by), and despite a few attempts at getting back on track I never managed to go a full week without PMO. After a short while, I stopped trying; I kept setting myself arbitrary deadlines that I instantly went back on, never managing to keep myself accountable for my actions. I have honestly been shocked at how my emotional and physical well-being followed suit in my little downward spiral, I have realised more than ever the detrimental effects of PMO, and once again know I need to kick myself back into gear and discipline myself in order to succeed in the 90-day reboot.

I'll share some more of my thoughts in my future check-ins, but for now I'm just happy to be back on the road with you all at my side.

19. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut