The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

That is hilarious!
    I got to 14 days a month or two ago, and 13 days just now. I relapsed yesterday as you can see above, but I am encouraged by coming back to NoFap. (I had gotten away from it.) Each of these two times, I felt less need to watch myself every moment; however, I did relapse when I let myself go, so I think I need to be more vigilant even when I have gone over a week PM-free.
    Good luck to you. I hope you go much farther than I have! I know that I will too.

2. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Great post. So, what's the implication of involuntarily releasing semen in wet dreams (I lose some while urinating)? Are you then no longer retaining semen? Are you losing out on this boost of vitality?

I can control fapping, I'm pretty sure I can't control these involuntary emissions.

3. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Thanks. I thought a little levity might be in order. Good luck to you too! You can totally do it, as you've demonstrated with previous streaks. NoFap has been a huge help to me, both this time and in the past.

4. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 68! Really strong urges today, but luckily I was able to pull through. So close to becoming a warrior!

5. God.Beast20

God.Beast20 Fapstronaut

6. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

7. Julito

Julito Fapstronaut

Day 1 over
    Every second I stay clean is a step towards the life I want.

8. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

Day 0
    It is interesting. As soon as I remove an obstacle, my head confronts me with a new one and disguises it as something harmless. I'll try to make use of this creativity elsewhere.

I actually seems like I'm distancing myself slowly from PMO though. This is but a desperate attempt of my head that's afraid to change.

I'm really feeling like Smeagol from time to time :D

9. Bihari

Bihari Fapstronaut

9 days done. I'm thinking of reading LOTR again but don't have enough patience right now. May be grey wizard would like to read.

10. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

You need to bro. There is no other way. Let´s go!!!

gandalf.gif

11. janjijoni

janjijoni Fapstronaut

12. RiseToGreatness

no, i´m married so once in a while i leak a bit of semen :D, but i try not to indulge in sex. just in moderation.

you can control nocturnal emissions. the leaking will drain a bit of your vitality and increase urges on the next day so it´s good to control them.

here´s what nofap legend Soaring Eagle says about this:

"nocturnal emission does not count as masturbation, frequent nocturnal emission deserves attention however as it’s a sign that our “essence gate” is not secure, if that happens I would recommend seeking a Chinese traditional physician. I would recommend a stretching exercise found in the Eight Brocades yoga movements called “hands reaching feets strengthen kidney/waist”, you can Google it. The exercise is very simple and effective. Every day I would perform it several hundred times which helps to greatly reduce the number of nocturnal emissions. This exercise is mentioned in many Taoist health maintaining manuals and is known under many different names, however the principle remains the same; by stretching the bladder meridian line found at the back of the thigh, also the bladder line and the kidney affect one another.

Methods in reducing nocturnal emissions:

1. Do not have too thick blankets
    2. Avoid diet that is too fatty or too meaty
    3. Do not stay up at night
    4. Do not overstrain yourself during the day
    5. Before bed, don’t drink too much water
    6. Don’t take alcohol
    7. Don’t meditate immediately prior to bed"

13. RiseToGreatness

Learn with the harsh days brother. Every challenge is needed for the mastery :). Keep going, you´re doing great!!!!

belio123 and Gandalf the White like this.
  14. RiseToGreatness

C´mon brother. The Fellowship is with you!!

sam.gif

Gandalf the White and Julito like this.
  15. RiseToGreatness

yes, it´s normal. the more we develop strategies to stay away from pmo, the more the addicted mind creates new traps and new excuses to fap. the temptation mechanism becomes more elaborated :D

That´s why is good to pay attention to all the little moments of hesitation and loss of determination. Always be on guard brother. Every day clean, every hard situation surpassed, the more the pmo chains loose, and the new habits take form.

16. RiseToGreatness

Welcome to Middle-Earth brother :). Let´s do this indeed ;)

fires mount doom.jpg
    viagem.jpeg

Gandalf the White likes this.
  17. RiseToGreatness

One more day of walking dear Fellowship.

Let´s welcome our new brother in the journey:

@janjijoni

Stay strong my brothers, watch out for the perils.

dia 25 - amun sûl.gif

Sputnik I and Gandalf the White like this.
  18. Fomo Sapiens

Fomo Sapiens Fapstronaut

That's an inspiring thought, and very kind of you. I look forward to being just behind you on that day!