1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The lonliness always hits hardest in the early stages of recovery

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Aug 25, 2021.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

Along with hatred and self loathing. I wonder how long it'll take to find someone as unique and strange as me. I've always been the one to wait until women come to me. I could never do it the other way around

2. You are right there. You should let things happen, and that includes a potential partner showing herself to you, in what ever means that is appropriate for both of you. But first, you need to understand that no matter how awesome and perfectly matched partner you find, you will not be happy. We have a tendency to chase what we don't have. Once we have it, then we have a paradox of 'can we want what we already have'.
    Take the fact out that "once I find a perfect partner, I will be happy". Happiness is not tied to relationships. Hardship is. But so is life. What ever you do, you wont be happy because you did it. But you will be happy while you are doing it. You feel accomplished for sure, after it's done, but happiness, I think is what you experience in the moment. It's like a weather. Here today gone tomorrow.

3. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

I'm only doing it this way because everytime I introduce myself to someone, I get ignored, and I'm getting sick of it. However, everytime a woman came up to me, they were too crazy for my liking.