1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lethality of Loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Son_of_Iroquois, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

2. Merlionno

Merlionno Guest

I will be dead in a few years then .

3. Darkstar 22.84

Darkstar 22.84 Fapstronaut

Well, I never liked people anyway.

So what do you suppose I do about it, eh?
    Come up to people and yell in their face 'Hi, wanna be my friend?!'

4. Son_of_Iroquois

What are the challenges that you face when getting out and meeting people?

5. Son_of_Iroquois

How populated is the area in which you live?

6. Darkstar 22.84

Metropolis.

7. Son_of_Iroquois

Ok, then there should be lots of avenues for meeting people, no? Meetup.com, amateur sports leagues, or going out to bars, online dating sites. You have many options. Would you consider yourself anxious around other people, is it hard for you to interact with others?

8. Mr. Sir

Mr. Sir Fapstronaut

@Darkstar 22.84 You do like people and you crave positive energy from other humans. You're hurt and you've become cynical about the world. Join the Cold Approach Thread, it's in my signature, make a commitment to developing a more fun, social life. There is no such thing as introversion.

9. Merlionno

Merlionno Guest

Severe social anxiety shyness, panic attacks.

10. Son_of_Iroquois

Do you have Aspergers, or are you just shy?

11. Merlionno

Merlionno Guest

ADD, shyness and insecurity

12. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Fapstronaut

I like to think that if I lived in a densely populated urban area where I would frequently see/interact people that I thought I would get along with, but might never see again, then I might actually try the "Hi, wanna be my friend?" technique, because the risk/cost ratio is so low. If someone thinks you are weird and creepy, there's good odds you'll never see them again.

13. Darkstar 22.84

You'll be surprised how often you see people you never want to see again, in a metropolis.

14. Son_of_Iroquois

With the possible exception of ADD, those things are all in your head. They are beliefs that can be dropped by free will.

Merlionno and Sentinel like this.
  15. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Well, to be fair. You might want to just start with little baby steps if you have severe social anxiety. So first just practice looking people in the eye, just quickly. When you get used to that, hold the eye contact longer. When used to that, hold until they look away. Then try walking in a straight line down a crowded street, look straight ahead, watch people as they move to the side for you. Next you can start smiling a little. Next say hello, and carry on your way. Next say hello, and start a conversation...... you will go onto bigger and greater things from there. All these little things, will help build both your confidence and presence.

Merlionno likes this.
  16. Had a few anxiety attacks myself early last year, but that was often related to very huge projects and insecurity about them, leading to insecurity in me. Loneliness being a huge factor, because even with everything and people around you, you'd still feel lonely. I have a loving family and a few friends, no gf and I do love to be alone, even though loneliness always takes a bite along the way.

NoFap has made my anxiety significantly lower. I don't go to bars or clubs, but there are always social meetings that you can attend, voluntary work, cafeterias, carnivals and stuff you can go to. Just please remember to totally eliminate P, and highly reduce, if not fully clean yourself of MO = NoPMO. That, what I believe, is causing the real loneliness cancer, because it leaves you no choice, but to be lonely - At least for me.

You can be an introvert and shy, and still have the best people around you and the girl of your dreams. Believing anything else is nonsense and limiting. I'm ADD too.

Merlionno likes this.