The Daily Meditation Challenge!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Ūruz, Mar 27, 2023.

Are you ready to start exercising your mind and build a strong brain?

1. Yes!

2. Heck yea!

3. Absolutely!

4. No, I don't need a strong brain, I want to remain a weak addict.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Stoic.

Stoic. Fapstronaut

Do away with timer just sit there there is nothing like bad timing in meditation so just relax and sit dont have to worry about time because it will sync in with flow.

Ūruz and Chuck Palahniuk like this.
  2. Which of these is a great idea ?

Increase 5 minutes by each Month ?

Or

Increase 1 Minute by each Month ?

Which Idea do you think is perfect to grow meditation over time ?

Ūruz likes this.
  3. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

tbh, I believe the present state of a person's mind shall be the factor that determines the increment. Imo, a monthly increment of 5 minutes seems feasible. Though, for someone who is struggling to maintain continuity of the sessions a lower increment could do the work.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    Ūruz likes this.
  4. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

Day : 1/14
    Time : ~15 minutes

Ūruz likes this.
  5. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Day 7 - 10 mins

wondering how I’m going to manage Monday and Tuesday as driving 1500 miles in two days… may have to get creative and have short breathing meditation session to fit in and keep my daily habit.

Ūruz likes this.
  6. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

That all sounds very nice and relaxing friend, and if you don't have super ADD-ish monkey mind then maybe it can work for you, but if I don't force myself to focus on a definite goal then I will just meditate for a minute or two and then quit. Knowing how my brain works, that's what's going to happen. Because my mind is so super ADD–ish and addicted to stimulation, and it finds meditation extremely boring and tedious chore. And if I just go with the flow there is no chance in a billion years that I will end up meditating consistently every day, or manage to increase the duration over time. I think what you say makes sense though, but just later down the road, when I am ready for it.
    I would go for 5 minutes, cause I am impatient haha. But I agree with what @Chuck Palahniuk said, you know your mind better than any of us, so what works for me might not be good idea for you. My motto is: consistency over quantity. I mean what matters is that we stick to this long term, because we want to keep our brains and minds healthy for long time, so if doing too much at once will make you burn out then be careful with that—it's all about building those healthy habits, and to build habits consistency is key; quantity and quality will come with time as your brain gets stronger and it becomes easier, then you will naturally want to do it for more.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
  7. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

I think I need a timer too!! Headspace is working for me right now as it’s times sessions!!

move also been using random short breath focus sessions when an urge or uncontrollable boner takes hold!! That’s how I’m getting past them at the moment. Without temptation and just for as long as needed till the thoughts are gone!!

Ūruz likes this.
  8. CoolJG

CoolJG Fapstronaut

Day 2
    I honestly just want the rank of master

Chuck Palahniuk and Ūruz like this.
  9. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

It's a powerful tool, isn't it?! Kind of blew my mind when I first discovered meditation, I was like, "why every addict is not incorporating this?!"
    I just use a generic timer, the one that comes by default with the Samsung phone, but it's a stopwatch actually. I tried timer but the alarm startles me and I hate it, so instead I put on a stopwatch and just meditate. Then I open eyes once or twice for a split second and see if it's 10 min already, if not I close them again and do some more. If it's one or two minutes more then great, a free bonus time! :D That's how I do it anyways; maybe I need to get a better alarm for the timer, once it goes off, like one of those gentle meditation sounding alarms to not startle me, like a gong or a singing bowl sound or something...
    Same! :rolleyes:

10. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Day 11:
    10 min of concentration meditation done, in the morning, one of the first things after waking up—nice! Focus was way better than yesterday, I guess cause the mind is more fresh and rested in the morning.
    Did not do mindfulness meditation while walking today, might do another concentration meditation later before bed to make up for it, or maybe not, will see.

Chuck Palahniuk likes this.
  11. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

yes - it’s a really good technique to distract!! Not sure I’d be at 20 days without it!!!

Ūruz likes this.
  12. Stoic.

Stoic. Fapstronaut

Day 4 Meditated.

13. Stoic.

Stoic. Fapstronaut

I get it and its normal my brain was really messed up monkey brain and somewhere niw also it is there but it have reduced tona point where i am able to observe it and mitigate that inflow of thoughts or slowly understand what reality is if you feel you need a timer then go ahead no harm there. And one thing more wanna say just a thought came when i read your thread dont take meditation as a Chore take it more like a biological or mental phenomenon that occurs within you the the tediousness and boredom wont surpass your keenness to meditate ,i myself am a learner just sharing what i felt after all those months of meditation hope this will help you to meditate better and the journey has been embarked by you ,am sure down to the line you will attain the goal that you wish for.

14. 07/04/2023:
    Day: 7
    Week: 2
    Month: 1

2 Minute - Meditation

Ūruz likes this.
  15. bluedragon9

bluedragon9 Fapstronaut

Did meditation on Thursday night (3/7) and on yesterday evening (4/7).. And just now today (5/7)...
    I am doing meditation as well as breathing exercise.
    Although I feel meditation works best in morning..

16. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Happy to have you join this meditation journey with us! Welcome friend! :)
    Yes, you are right friend, I need to train my brain to see meditation not as a chore. I want to eventually see meditation as state of being and not as a thing I do, that's the goal for me. I will condition my brain to change the outlook about it sooner or later.

Lou Bloom and Stoic. like this.
  17. Kn0wbie

Kn0wbie Fapstronaut

Day 8 - 10 minutes. Done

Ūruz likes this.
  18. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Day 12:
    10 minutes of concentration meditation done—counting and focusing on the breaths at the nostrils.
    Did a short and sloppy second meditation yesterday before bed, like 3 minutes.
    Will see if I do my second mindfulness meditation later today.

Chuck Palahniuk and CoolJG like this.
  19. CoolJG

CoolJG Fapstronaut

20. 08/04/2023:

Day: 8
    Week: 2
    Month: 1

2 Minute - Meditation

Ūruz and bluedragon9 like this.