1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Biggest Reason I’m Practicing SR

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by (Basil), Oct 25, 2022.

1. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

There are lots of reasons for practicing semen retention but for me, what motivates me the most is so I can stop being needy.

whenever I ejaculate, my neediness SKY ROCKETS for the next 3-5 weeks. It’s really bad. I get insanely attached to women or women I’ve known in the past and I can’t stop thinking of them and feeling really low because I know I’ll never be with them. I feel lonely, I feel like I can never be happy without a woman in my life and I feel unloved.

When I get on a long streak (over 30 days) something changes. I stop getting attached to women. I start feeling content by myself. In fact, believe it or not, there were times on long streaks (over 60 days) where I actually HATED the idea of getting into a relationship.

My mindset completely shifts from “I need her in my life so bad” to “I love my life now and I don’t need anyone except myself.”

It never fails. Once I hit 30-60 days, my neediness and loneliness and despair VANISH. When I relapse my neediness comes back BOOMING for the next month or so.

I’m never going back to those awful days.

2. I identify with this. I’ve often used validation from women as a pick-me-up and as a boost. It is very similar to any addictive process. Being in a needy frame of mind sucks, and I’ve been there too. I feel as though that when one relapses, they feel like garbage, and therefore are more likely to “need” and seek out there primary source of pleasure or feel good emotions. At least I got there. That’s probably what leads to the post-relapse binging. For some, it’s women (or, sex). For others, alcohol. For still others, food.

Better than all that is the taste of wholeness I get when I retain for more than 30 days (like you mentioned) and realize: “what can these women give me that I can’t give myself?” Nothing. Unless we are talking about true intimacy and love (or a meaningless nut that always leaves me wanting) - which I’m still not sold on being something substantial and real. Good post. Stay up big homie.

3. (Basil)

(Basil) Fapstronaut

thanks for sharing your experienced man. It seems like we both get major benefits from the 30 day mark. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.