1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The benefits of being alone/single

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Namekian23, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Mera

Mera Fapstronaut

That sounds more like it!
    I agree that having a girlfriend just to not be alone is the wrong thing. Lots of people do that. Being all by yourself for a while can be good for your character.
    Go your own speed men, however I tell you this - The second you stop activly looking for a girlfriend is when you meet girls.
    All the best and good luck man!

Namekian23 likes this.
  2. PyroFighter

PyroFighter Fapstronaut

There is so much I want to post about on this but I don't have a lot of time right now. I will post more later.

For now, know that my girlfriend of almost 6 months broke up with me about a week and a half ago. We had been going through a rough patch and I turned a corner where I started to love her. She is the first girl that I have loved and been in romantic relationship with. It is hard to define love, but at its core it is about putting something else or someone else before you. I started to stop worrying about what my gf was doing for me and started trying to be the best I could be for her. She turned the corner of the hard stuff and decided that we were better friends. The odd thing is I do not disagree with her reasons, just her conclusion. She made the point that we are very different people and might be better off just being friends. We are different and but most couples are. That is why commitment and trust are key. So I am left now in a place where I still love her and had to let her go. It hurts. A lot. I feel like I am over it when it hits me again. But I do not hate her. She is not a terrible human being. She is young and immature at times, but so am I. Love means opening yourself up to the unknown. That vulnerability can be very painful or very rewarding. I could write more and will when I have time, but dating is not the cure for everything in life. It can be amazing and rewarding as well as hard and painful. The important thing is coming to a place of good self identity before trying to merge your life with someone else's identity.

Namekian23 likes this.