1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The 30-day no lazy phone use challenge!

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Feb 21, 2019.

1. My work didn't leave me a choice but to use my phone several times while sitting today. Reset.

Scroll in to 17:10 in this video, it's about phone distraction :)

2. This is obviously not going to work! :D

It's a bit hard to skip every single use of the phone at all occasions when you are sitting. I needed the phone several times while I was sitting and working and the things I did on the phone should not be categorized as lazy. For example, I enabled the wifi hotspot in order to get my work done.

Some type of modification to the challenge is needed before it gets good. I felt it did a huge improvement when I was eating at a restaurant alone. Another thing I realized yesterday was that it could have helped me when it didn't: I was standing up on my job while working on my computer, then I got a notification on my phone which made me look at the phone right away. The turn of my head was instant but it took much longer to get back my concentration on what I was doing (programming).
    Another time I was reading something on my computer while I got a notification. The switch of concentration made me loose where I was in the text and I had to reread a whole paragraph.

That said, it may not be the fact that you are standing that should allow you to look at the phone, nor should it be restricted to all phone use. If anyone has any input for modification please feel free to tell me :)