1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THC has been in my system for 2 yrs

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 2, 2017.

1. I often wonder what would happen if I stopped smoking weed for 40-50 days. 30 days it takes to get out of your system, unless you smoke constantly. So when thc is out of my system, I wonder what happens.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I bet it would at least make it so I save more $ and get less tolerance. I spend $60 weed every 3-4 days. And that's good weed, but just cheap man.

3. So I have been clean for a couple of weeks now. My thoughts are more clear and I'm less lazy. I started dreaming again which I need to get used to because I haven't dreamed for a long time. I feel better overall. Hope this helps :)

4. And I save a lot of money because I don't spend it all on weed

Asgardian36 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. We're you a "heavy user"?

6. I would say yes but compared to you probably not. I sometimes smoked everyday and sometimes every third day but then I would smoke a lot.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  7. if you stop you'll probably save a ton of money. Weed only gets more expensive, especially if you smoke the really good shit. Your tolerance will go up your mental clarity will increase and you will most likely have an increased sex drive.

And you'll probably lose a few pounds b/c you aren't eating lots of junk food. Peanut butter cups and Mr. Pibb yo!

Asgardian36 and Deleted Account like this.
  8. It'll actually be a lot quicker than that. THC itself is out of your system very quickly, even with very high oral doses it'll be out of your system in < 48 hours. What takes longer to leave your system is actually a completely inactive metabolite of THC, THCCOOH. The reason the whole "THC stays in your system for 30 days" thing gets propagated is because of drug tests. Drug tests don't test for THC, they test for THCCOOH, which stays in your system anywhere from 3-4 days (if you just smoked once, a small amount), to in some extreme cases, more than 60 days in very heavy smokers. The thing about THCCOOH is it doesn't have any psychoactive effects and isn't a drug, it's just used to test for weed because there's no other way you'll have THCCOOH in your system unless you smoked/ate weed. So basically after those 48 hours, you're no longer getting any effects from the weed you've smoked.

Within just 24-48 hours you'll notice REM rebound first of all (weed suppresses REM sleep, where dreams tend to occur, and so when you stop, you immediately start getting way more REM sleep than normal). The result is a crazy amounts of very vivid dreams, maybe even some lucid dreams (even if you've never been lucid before).

That said, just like any habit - if you stop, there are adjustments that happen that take weeks/months. This is more due to neurological adaptations that occur from a long term habit than from anything being left in your system - and as for how long it'll take you to fully adjust to the state you'd be in if you never smoked before, it could be days, weeks, months, maybe even a year or more - it all really depends on how long you've smoked and how heavy you've been smoking.

I suggest you do it, take a break. Weed is absolutely one of the least harmful recreational substances out there - but breaks don't have to be for harm reduction purposes. Some people will find that weed affects them negatively if they smoke every day, some won't - but even if you're one of the people who fall into the latter group, and don't have any negative effects from heavy regular use, breaks are awesome. Tolerance builds up a LOT with daily use.

If you're smoking really good weed, just 50-100mg of it should get you a solid high, if you have no/low tolerance. 50mg is 1/20th of a gram. Yes, that's 10-20 bowls to a single gram that you can get with low tolerance. For $60 I'm guessing you're probably getting like an 8th, so 3.5g.. I'm certain you're not getting 35-70 bowls out of that, if it's only lasting you 3-4 days. So you absolutely have something to gain taking a tolerance break.

Secondly, the highs will be more pleasant. As with any drug, tolerance to positive effects and side effects doesn't necessarily increase linearly. So often when you build tolerance to something like weed, you get less of the positive effects at a similarly effective dose. For example, you might start off getting improved appetite when you smoke, but after you build tolerance, you might find the opposite: that weed starts decreasing your appetite. Same for things like sleep benefits etc, or anxiety decreasing benefits.

A lower tolerance high will always be better than one with high tolerance - no amount of increasing the dose can make up for not having low tolerance, because the ratio of positive effects to side effects is just completely different.

If you've been smoking for a while, you'll need a fairly long break to really reset your tolerance. A month long break should drop your tolerance significantly, but I would suggest 3-4 months if you really want to be close to zero tolerance again. If 3-4 months is difficult, take a month of completely no smoking, and then only smoke once a month for the next 5-6 months instead (and only smoke small amounts), that should do the trick just the same, but without you having to go a whole 3-4 months without a single smoke.

If you take 3-4 months off, let's just say the average month has 30 days, and to be generous, lets say you use the $60 every 4 days, not just 3-4. That's 7.5 x $60 per month, times 3-4, that's 450 x 3-4, or $1350 to $1800 that you'd save during your tolerance break.

What would you buy if you got given $1800 today (other than weed lmao :emoji_laughing:)? Use that as motivation for your break.

Then after your break is over, be more moderate with your use, and you'll save $$, and be able to enjoy it more.

9. Very interesting, I need to look into this. Btw I get a quarter for 60$ of good shit.

10. Yo stop I just attempted to quit, it was not even 12 hrs people.

Given I'm on day 1 of nofap, stressed, and fucked up. But still like I was fine physically w/o it. It's just at night, I need weed to go to sleep.

This isn't an addiction though bc I remember w pmo I would neeeeed it. Weed is more like I really want it but I'm good wo it, and it doesn't fuck me up like pmo.

Considering just cutting down on it, not quiting altogether. See, here's why. I have an addiction to pmo. Ive admitted it to myself after denying it. Pmo gave me pied and anxiety. It fucked me up.

Weed doesnt do that (that I know of). So if I smoke only at night, I can get my shit done and reward myself, then pass tf out.

FeelingFine and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Oh that's dope, then in that case your tolerance will probably subside twice as quick, you could have pretty close to zero tolerance in ~2 months or so if all goes well.

12. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

My dad smoked weed everyday for years. He gave it up when I was born. He told me about this recently now that I'm pretty much an adult. He said that he had really vivid dreams with crazy bright colors after quitting. It has deeper psychological effects than it seems. I smoke weed now and then, but I think I'm going to give it up for good because it's not helping me and plus it's illegal where I am

Asgardian36 likes this.
  13. DainTrinity

DainTrinity Fapstronaut

I am a pretty heavy user (last month I smoked a half-o in like 2 weeks). What I find works well for me is an on again, off again method. I tend to buy and consume heavily, and then I will not contact my dealer for usually 2-6 weeks. It is not a great system, but it does help a lot with tolerance. I'd also generally recommend not to smoke it, that will really coat your lungs and make cardio more difficult as you age, vaporizers and edibles are the way to go.

I live in Canada, for the record, so the culture (and the fact it will be entirely legal to buy it by this summer) is pretty different than most places.

AllerkrosS3 and Asgardian36 like this.