1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

That guy.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Sozboss92, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Sozboss92

Sozboss92 Fapstronaut

For as long as I can remember, people have treated me different. I can't ever put my finger on it. But people were only nice to me in that, "I am a compassionate person. So I'll be nice to the weird guy." Kind of way. This goes all the way back to middle school and through highschool. Physically, there was nothing weird about me. I looked just like a normal kid. But for some reason, when I would try to insert myself into any friends group, the walls would come up hard. No one wanted anything to do with me it seemed. I never got invited to anything either. It was always "oh we forgot to mention it to you." bullshit. I always brushed it off thinking "you're just going through an awkward phase. You'll grow out of it eventually." I initially thought that my addiction was my problem. But my roommate is going through pmo addiction too. But he is very outgoing, positive around others, and has HUGE success with people and relationships. I have learned that several other people I know have suffered from pmo addiction as well. But again, same story. They seem "normal" to everyone around them. As you can imagine, this has made me a utter failure with women. They avoid me like the plague. I know it's bad to think this way. But I don't see anything to make me believe that I will ever fit in. By the way, I'm 25 now. Any growing out of it that can happen should have already happened. Is pmo really causing me to be this way. Or should I get some better help with this? I'm not suicidal. But this is no way to go through life if I can't just be accepted. It's not worth it. I'm miserable. I want friends who actually want to be around me and who I don't have to keep bugging just to be able to hang out. I want to have a relationship. I want to have sex.....before I die. I want to be successful with people. I want to be the person I'm meant to be. If pmo IS the problem, it would make me feel a lot better. If not, I have no clue what to do.

Ray_of_Sunshine likes this.
  2. Struggle Bug

Struggle Bug Fapstronaut

PMO isn't always the one causing these problems, I realised that with my own problems as well..

The problem is me, and PMO is just a way for me to escape my problems, but in the end it just worsens it. I tend to isolate myself because I always think that people don't want to do anything with me and that I just waste their time, and when they do give me a chance to hang out with them, I fuck it up.

What I am trying to do now is that I am trying to be confident with my own self. I am going through a phase of confusion with my sexuality but my set of problems don't differ from yours. Try to love yourself, as easy as it may sound, it is a difficult thing to do when most people don't love you, I know because I feel the same way about myself.

Be confident with yourself, if people don't like that, then let it be, you're better off hated by being yourself than be accepted by being someone you're not.

Start by treating yourself the way you treat others. Appreciate the little things you do.

And mostly, don't ever escape your problems again through PMO.

I hope I made sense.

Wish you the best of luck.

TheBigBadWolf likes this.
  3. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

"Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her." - Lao Tzu

Many people have that point in there life when they feel like they just don't fit in anywhere. I know I have to, but I figured out what I didn't like about myself, what it was that made me not truly comfortable in my own shoes. Once I figured it out I forged a weapon and completely conquered it and never looked back. It sounds like to me that you are not 100% confident in yourself. The best way to truly build inner confidence isn't anything you can buy or even social value. It is by figuring out what makes you not who you want to be. What I did was I looked myself in the mirror, and I kept asking myself, "Am I the man I want to be?" If the answer is no then why not? Once you figure out why become obsessed with overcoming it until you do. Once I was successful I can look myself in the mirror now and say, "Am I the man I want to be? Hell yeah I am!" You will get there to man. Good luck!

-TheBigBadWolf

Sozboss92 and Ray_of_Sunshine like this.
  4. Sozboss92

Sozboss92 Fapstronaut

. Thanks man!

Ray_of_Sunshine likes this.