1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tempted to give in!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by freedbygrace, Feb 25, 2015.

1. freedbygrace

freedbygrace Fapstronaut

I've only been on this site about a week, since then, I've already relapsed twice, and am feeling really tempted to PMO again today! I don't wanna have to keep resetting my PMO counter every 2 days! I wanna stop for good! My struggle is with PMO, MO, and SSA! I would welcome any tips, suggestions, or words of encouragement! Thank You!

2. ejohnson

ejohnson Fapstronaut

Hey Man,

I know this might seem overly simple, but in the past when I was stuck in PMO rut, I disconnected from the Internet. You might give it a try. Stay offline for a week to help give yourself some traction.

3. Dante's Shadow

Dante's Shadow Fapstronaut

First off - words of encouragement: That's great that you aren't giving up. It's going to be a long haul, but you can be free of PMO MO and SSA. And we are all with you.

You asked for tips. I just read all your posts on nofap. It looks like you have been looking for tips (as well as giving some). My question is what tips have you found that you want to implement? Have you implemented them yet? I find when I write out my plan of attack it helps me solidify that plan, and gives me something to go back to when the temptations increase.

It seems like one of your (and my) strategies is to read others' posts for inspiration.

Another tip, find other things that improve yourself to spend your time and energy on.

Luke 11:24-26
    “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’
    When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order.
    Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first.”

We are that person. PMO, SSA, ect. are impure spirits. We don't want them hanging around anymore so we kick them out. If we don't fill our lives with other stuff...good stuff, then the bad stuff will come right back in and invite other vices and sins as well.

Other tips:
    Prayer
    Reading the good word
    Exercising
    Home improvement
    Serving others
    Working hard at work or school
    When around others, don't let your gaze drop below the neck.
    Try to think about people as you think Jesus would.

My last point is that all these steps can help, but what is best is consistency. If you are consistent with only a few of these things, that is better than being spotty with all of them. I find when I pray it is a good time to be honest with God about how consistent I am being. That helps me.

I wish you the best, Bro.