Temptation when showering/bathing?

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by trickydicky, May 29, 2015.

1. trickydicky

trickydicky Fapstronaut

I'm only a couple of days in, and this isn't an issue for me yet, but I was wondering: are you guys tempted while showering or bathing? I mean, hygiene is hygiene after all, and soap won't lather itself.

Do you find the cold showering method helpful to deter any urges? (I've taken many a cold shower and strangely feel hornier afterwards, but maybe that's just me!)

Stay strong everyone.

2. thebishone

thebishone Fapstronaut

Showering has always been my problem with PMO. I'm on a 5 day streak right now (woohoo!) and I just recently starting timing myself. Like I gave myself only five minutes to take a shower, and that was very effective. Maybe it would work for you? I never like the cold shower thing because I enjoy showers and being clean, and cold showers are not fun! I hope it all goes well for you!

3. mv8652

mv8652 Fapstronaut

I just use self-discipline to wash my genitals quickly. I can't stand cold showers, and I do well without them. Nearly two weeks ago, on my Day 22, my electric power went off early in the morning. Since my water heater is tankless, I had to take a cold shower. It was awful! I don't need anything that bad to avoid fapping. However, for those men who find them helpful, do whatever floats your boat.

4. trickydicky

trickydicky Fapstronaut

Yes, timing the shower is a good idea - I hadn't thought of that!

5. trickydicky

trickydicky Fapstronaut

Yes, I don't mind cold showers, but I like to be able to choose when I have them!