1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tapping Into Inner Child..

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Mar 19, 2022.

1. This has been on my mind quite a bit lately in recovering. I don’t feel the drive or child like confidence of no caring anymore like I used to. Like I’m going to go out side for as long as I want.. Or I’ll play this game for hours upon hours and have fun. I’ll talk to this Woman like she is just another person… Everything seems like a chore now.
    I feel as if I lost this inner sense of myself. Believe it or not I had no problem talking to girls back in the day along with having childhood friends, we just went along with the day. No care really on anything… I remember flowing so much with the present day.

I’ve always wanted this inner child back. I feel work has destroyed this inner sense of my self and becoming ill this past year.

How do we get it back and tap in to it from transmutation????

ClayRodgerNF and flexy like this.
  2. VVULFGVNG

VVULFGVNG Fapstronaut

We tend to throw baggage onto our inner child. An old therapist of mine said something along the lines of this. "Your inner child sits within a closet buried by years of trauma, self abuse and neglect, parent abuse and neglect, drug abuse, etc. Each one of those is a piece of clothing thrown into him or her, each instance of those previously listed things is just another article of clothing thrown into the closet and covering your inner child. Sooner or later the precious child is completely covered by mound of dirty laundry and unable to move, speak or even be seen." I'm paraphrasing quite alot but that's the general gist of what she was getting at. After years of PMO and other self destructive things, trauma, etc our inner child is completely smothered. What needs to happen is an approach of slowly taking those pieces of clothing out of the closet and cleaning them and putting them away. Aka healing each trauma, addiction or issue. Sooner or later the once smothered child will appear and ask what happened And that might be painful (I've been in therapy for over three or so years, I've tried all sorts of therapies).
    You can't expect the child to be childlike again until you unravel the years of BS that you went through to make it to this moment.

My highest recommendations for trauma based reading or addiction reading is "The Body Keeps The Score". By Bessel VanderKolk.
    His work has helped me out tremendously.
    Forms of therapy that well studied and help in the healing of trauma and addiction are these three IMO.
    EMDR (Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing) and ART (accelerated resolution therapy) And of course the tried and true CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy)

Couple all of those together in a therapy session and do the work outside of therapy you will find great progress in uncovering that inner child.

3. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

You can feel the purity and innocence of a child again, the pure happiness of a child. This comes from getting rid of the evil habit of masturbation. When you can stop thinking depraved thoughts, then you will naturally experience a change in your heart, a change in your soul.

Masturbation and viewing sexual films brings darkness into our souls. The happy child of long ago has been corrupted by evil influences. Now this evil is inside you. You must get it out! Your joy can start to come back.

Buddhabro2.0 and Re-Life2010 like this.
  4. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

You would need some sort of financial plan in order to be able to quit that stupid job, find something fun, forget about past and future. Who’s idea was it that you need to chase a ‘career’? The inner child doesn’t give a shit about ‘career’.

Yes PMO destroys the inner child. You need to find the spark, the adventure in your life again. It can be done.

Re-Life2010 likes this.
  5. Icewarrior

Icewarrior Fapstronaut

The inner child will be resurrected when our egos are dissolved. How are they dissolved? Well, we can start with non-identification with thoughts and emotions and the transmutation of sexual energy!

PrioritySystem likes this.
  6. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

Read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle, it helps