1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

talking with women

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by colourdreams, Nov 6, 2018.

1. colourdreams

colourdreams Fapstronaut

In parallel with getting rid of my addiction, I decided to start some kind of communication with women. Registered in Tinder and other applications, and some women even answered me! the essence of the problem - I have no idea what to talk with them, and my communication ends if the woman responds in monosyllables and does not take the initiative :(. Maybe you can advise something?

intelligentignoramus likes this.
  2. colourdreams

colourdreams Fapstronaut

my questions about her interests and hobbies - this is where all communication ends

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  3. Try to loosen her up with some fun banter. I found women to be more responsive on dating apps after I got them laughing a bit. It's the best way to make the interaction a bit more fun and less serious. Basically try not to make it seem like a job interview. I'm certainly no expert myself, so I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

4. If you're looking for conversation tinder is probably not the best place. You probably know this already but most tinder users are just looking for people based on their physical features. Most people on there don't really want conversation, they flick through faces to see who they could get the best physical pleasure from. And that's pretty much how it's going to go when matching isn't primarily based on your interests or good conversation topics.

I tried doing something similar (never on tinder though) but I never found someone who just wanted to talk about stuff. I mean my advice is to just meet people in real life. Conversation is much better that way, because people can't put you off by not replying for hours or days. You can get ignored much more easily if it's from behind a screen.

5. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

There's plenty time for small talk and interview like questions down the line if the relationship lasts long enough.

What do you really want and enjoy talking about?

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Just practice smiling at women and if they're receptive, introduce yourself and make smalltalk with her.

7. It depends on for what purposes you want to talk to women.

Casual sex: develop superficial sympathy by making jokes and small talk

Romantic relationships: find shared interests, hobbies and viewpoints

8. Who was it on this forum months ago who suggested just go around and try high fiving every gal you encounter out and about. If one high fives you back she’s most likely a real cool person and willing to start a conversation. Worth a try perhaps?????

For me I have no problem trying to start conversation with women at work but away from work I’m even more timid than a mouse. I guess I need that DGAF attitude I have at work when away from work.

At work I try to get around to using the phrase, “What inspired you to _____?” A question using that phrase seems to open women up to talking more than others I’ve used.

colourdreams likes this.
  9. CheekoMeeko

CheekoMeeko Fapstronaut

Try to use a gif EVERYTIME you send a text in tinder. It really shows your sense of humor no matter how boring a text is.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    Capt. U and intelligentignoramus like this.
  10. HelplessPleaseHelp?

HelplessPleaseHelp? Fapstronaut

You can always finish your message with a question. That way she will have to respond!
    Good luck.

intelligentignoramus likes this.
  11. Never had success myself, but the best conversation I've had came after I accused who I was talking to of stalking me and spying on me in the shower. Find something absolutely ridiculous to tease her about, but something that she probably hasn't encountered before...ie: she's just a creeper who's been spying on you singing in the shower...
    I tried teasing another woman by telling her that, in her default pic, her smile looked like she was prairie doggin a fatass turd and was about to shit herself....got a response out of it, but this was during one of my most frantic PMO binges and I lost interest and the ability to be clever after that.
    Don't be nice, be something that she knows won't buckle under her spoiled daddy syndrom fits.
    This isn't the case for all women, but alot of them looking for a fuck on dating apps might be looking for that.
    This is all speculation because I haven't successfully gotten with a woman in quite some many many millenia...
    Then again, I've found that I have a better chance out in public. 51 days into semen retention and I've been getting attention from women all over the place.
    I still lack the courage to just step up and be like,
    "Hey, your hair looks really healthy."
    or
    "Hey, how many squats do you do a day? Cuz dddaaaaammmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn, dat ass be quackin..."
    or
    "Hey, your freckles are really cute, my name is.....what's yours?"
    or
    "Yooooo, let me get some of dat spicy roast beef bbbaaaabbbbaaayyyyy!!!"
    .....or.....
    The human language is quite vast and many different combinations can work.
    The only thing that won't work is self-doubt,hesitation,and cowardice....Which I still struggle with....
    You do not struggle alone brother.

12. Capt. U

Capt. U Fapstronaut

One of my go-to lines for talking with women is
    Hi (chick's name), I'm (your name/nickname), (followed by something about their profile).

Example:
    Hi Stacy, I'm Rob. I noticed you like to watch anime, what's your favorite?

Or Simply
    Hi Stacy, I'm Rob. What's up?

Also, do try to make light of the conversation and try not to flash her your junk untill she really wants to see it .

13. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Hahaha, flash your junk.

14. Matheus.has1

Matheus.has1 New Fapstronaut

Hi Eternal Fire, I dated a girl who I knew from tinder a couple weeks and now I am planning to work with her jujst for make this you said, make our relation more real, bring her to my real life and me to her real life too. :)