Talking to girls on the job?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Glex, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Glex

Glex Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I am on day 15 on my NoFap journey and am trying to fill the void that I have in my life that PMO used to fill. I'll just start by saying I am pretty bad at talking to girls, I don't read signs well and I can't really start conversations, but recently, I have felt a fire burning in me that just wants to fling myself out there and go practice talking to or maybe even ask out a girl for the first time. Recently, I was getting some celebratory Sonic (don't judge) with some friends and a cute girl comes out roller skating to serve us our food (as they do). After she left, my friends were telling me I should flirt with her or maybe even ask her out. I personally feel like it is not the best idea to ask someone out while they are working as I feel like that is almost cornering them socially especially if they reject you and still have to see you (I go to sonic a lot (it's good I swear)). Also how would I even go about doing it? What do you guys think?

Time for my second question that will probably take another paragraph. So, recently I have started a new job for the summer outside (this might matter? I'm a tall moderately attractive guy as well). I have noticed a cute girl that I want to talk to more when I get the chance but we don't really cross paths that often throughout what I noticed on my first shift. Is it also a good idea to see if I can talk more to her and maybe ask her on a date if I really get courageous? I also have a girl-friend that works really close with her, so should I tell her that I might be interested or maybe even see if she is single? Or if there is a failed attempt, could it come back to bite me through the rest of the summer?

Thanks for reading this nonsensical blob of rambling questions that just fell out of my brain. I hope you enjoyed it and might be able to answer a few questions for me.

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

Yo whats up Glex.

I think a lot of people are worried about picking up girls/flirting with girls in certain social settings. Since this is your job you want to make sure to not over do it and get in trouble for messing around with a co-worker. The truth is it doesn't really matter where as long as you know what do do. Based off of my experience with girls I have dated or been on dates with, I learned a few key things:
    -Girls like you to be masculine (Bold, Confident, Ambitious, etc.)
    -Girls like you to be yourself (Don't pretend to be someone other than you just to impress her)
    -Girls like you to be flirty (As long as it's not boring or creepy)
    The best advice I can give you is to simply go talk to her casually and see how she communicates with you back. You don't need to be an expert female body language coach to understand if a girl is into you or not into you. Don't worry about getting with her during your first conversation, just worry about getting to know her and having a relaxed light hearted talk. Ask her about herself, Tease her a bit, and then go back to work. If she is into you, she will be interested in talking to you, teasing you back and or flirting with you, and then you can ask her to hangout. Just focus on your work and if you see her at a time where you can talk to her go do it! You got this dude!

-TheBigBadWolf

3. Vilcox

Vilcox Fapstronaut

Don't shit where you eat.

faplordxd likes this.
  4. faplordxd

faplordxd Fapstronaut

In general its bad to fuck girls that you work with unless its a one-and-done type thing. Theres just so many other girls its best to keep your work life separate from your dating life bro

But if you work in retail or something or like a low paying job where no one gives a fuck then why not just hit on the girls that come in

5. Glex

Glex Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice you guys!

I wanted to post a brief (hopefully) update on things. So I first want to say that I am 18 and my main goal is to form some sort of relationship this summer so that I can get some experience with girls before heading to college. I'm not looking for anything sexual, just someone to talk or hang out with for the summer. So, now I am also getting more comfortable with conversing with girls so that's cool. Day 2 just happened and I met another girl who a friend and I talked with for a bit so I guess the whole experience thing is king of happening anyway even if I don't have a relationship. Anyhow, I'm also trying to find places to go whether with friends or alone to just meet girls just to help boost my confidence and experience and maybe even find someone I can be with. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I'm 18 so bars are really out of the question as well...

Thanks again for reading yet another one of my rants