1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking risks

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Mankrik, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I have heard that it's good to take risks and be yourself when trying to get a girl to like you. I believe that's true. Its never a problem for me except for with my crush. Probably because shes the only person whose perception of me I care about lol. Shes kind of conservative and I'm not entirely sure what her sense of humor is. But I texted her today and she mentioned that she wished we had today off since it's presidents day. I replied that I agreed because presidents day is the only day I feel justified watching Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. She has not responded at all to that in hours and probably won't tonight.

Idk hard to strike a balance and she's really hard to read. I have to draw the line somewhere and not say dumb stuff but not taking a risk is taking a risk too. I don't want her to think I'm boring. She takes a long time to respond to my texts but is always enthusiastic and seems interested in me when she finally does. I don't want to read too much into things but like I said I can never tell with her.

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Being yourself is only a risk if you're trying to be liked for someone that you aren't.

You should want to express yourself as honest as possible. From the beginning. So that you don't waste your time on people that don't resonate with you. So that you can be free to find others that do resonate with you. So that she can be free to find people that resonates with her.

A relationship based on hiding or holding back who you really are just holds each other back from meaningful and deeper connections with others.

It wasn't a dumb thing to say if it's what you wanted to say.

It's time to start meeting new girls Mankrik. Not because this one might not work out, but because you need to see that the world is bigger and filled with more interesting people than just this one girl.

You care too much about how she reacts. Your day can be ruined by her texts or lack thereof. Your well being depends on her reactions.

You want someone more responsive and available. Not distant and unclear.

Mankrik likes this.
  3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I really appreciate this advice. It accurately identifies and responds to the exact situation I'm in. It's not news to me, it's just been hard to execute. I never feel like I'm not being myself or am trying to hide things, but I do really want her to like me. And whether or not she responds can make me really happy or really sad.

This is something weird that I haven't mentioned but partly explains why I might feel this way: I want to be like her. She is smart, hardworking, highly involved, and successful. I want to be able to say the same things about myself. I don't think it's unhealthy to imitate her positive attributes and it has helped me learn about myself in some ways. She really motivates me. I've had a crush on her for years. She was one of the main reasons I decided to do nofap. It's really hard for me to think about anyone else.

But you are right. Things can still work out and this can have a happy ending (things seem to be heading that way which is great) However I need to meet other girls too. It's a mistake to be this focused on someone and I need to broaden my horizons. I think I'm going to start doing some cold approaches to get some practice. Maybe my mind will change, but I have struggled to be interested in anyone else while I still have a chance with this girl. Even still, talking to more girls can't hurt so that's what I'm going to start doing.

4. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

If she could hang out with any one, alive or dead, which President would she want to hang out with on President's Day?

Mankrik likes this.
  5. well with women I do know one thing from years dating all different types and getting many phone numbers it goes like this" if she is not responded to your text don't worry about and DONT TEXT HER AGAIN WAIT FOR HER TO TEXT YOU " women sometimes test men by not responding it This was something I learned very well in the dating scene texting them back asking whats up ?did you get my message hello? after not hearing from them I would text them that crap like 3 or 4 times and it always made me look needy and they lost interest in me Till one day I have another women texing me and she goes silent so I say fuck it I tried everything else I will just give it a couple of days and see if she doesn't text me back first within a week I will ditch her number. she did text back like nothing happened stupid womens test passed ,give women there distance never be to interested in them I know its easy to say but its worth it to do if you want this one to start a relationship with DONT PLAY WEAK GAME

Mankrik likes this.
  6. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks for this advice I have already been following it (she often takes awhile to respond) and on the rare occasion that I do double text her, I give it at least a few days and never reference the previous conversation.

It seems like we know each other pretty well though. Idk if she is purposely testing me or not. She is always super cool and seems interested in me except this leaving me hanging thing. She is super straightforward though and all our mutual friends have told me that she will let me know if she's not interested. Maybe she is testing me though... If she's trying to get inside my head it's working lol.

So my plan is to text her Friday (3 days after my last message) because I'm making salmon and that's her favorite food and I want to send her a picture. Is that a good idea or should I wait for her to text me?

7. If you want her to come over just call her or if you see her in person ask then texting should be the last thing to do . It doesn't have to be creative just say hey come on over Friday at 7 or whatever time you eat and remember most women need someone to be direct with them YOU SET THE TIME AND PLACE also remember if she says no and gets off the phone or text without offering another time its not good but if she says no but offers a different time it could still be could she might have family, friends stuff she had to do . its good to tease her at this point and say "Hey if you cannot make it I will eat your meal to I am not saving any for you" say this jokingly they will like it . Also most women cannot read a watch so expect them to be late never early and she may try to change the time if you say for example dinner at 7 she may say dinner at 8 or 6 just hold firm TO YOUR TIME also HAVE FUN WITH IT DONT TAKE THE DATE TO SEROUSLY GOOD LUCK

Mankrik likes this.
  8. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

This is good advice but doesn't apply to my situation. I don't like texting and would much rather be able to see her. Not to get into too much detail but we go to different colleges hours away and neither of us have our own place. I'm just curious if it's in my best interest to start a new conversation with her in a couple days. I don't see why not, that's what I plan to do.

9. I myself hate texting and like face to face meetings , what is going on now you said in a past post you were going to cook dinner what happened with that? ask yourself what do you want ?what do want to do ? you have to be flexable in this what do you want in this new conversation what outcome is it that you want, could you walk away if whatever you plans were didn't work out ? could you think if she is not interested to move on to someone who makes it easy, MAKE A PLAN AND FOLLOW IT DONT OVERTHINK IT

Mankrik likes this.
  10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I meant that I'm cooking salmon and was just going to send her a picture of it just because she likes salmon and get a convo going. We can't meet up for awhile. I'd love to cook for her one day but I can't really arrange that yet.

I have been making plans and executing them and that has gotten me this far. I have to do something. I don't want to come on too strong but I have to keep her interested and let her know I like her. I'm going to text her over the next few days and arrange a date for when she comes home for spring break.

11. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I texted her last night she texted back a couple times and it went well. Then hours of silence before I got a text at two o'clock in the morning. Wtf? Then I texted her when I woke up (with a question) and it's been hours without a response.

Impossible to read this girl. Surely she has to see these texts and is just waiting a long time to respond? No idea but idk how to interpret this sporadic text pattern. No rhyme or reason and I can't explain it. When she does text it's always good though so I'm just going to stick with it. I have been told and I have read that if a girl likes you she will respond asap. And this is not the type of girl that likes to play games. Maybe she is just nocturnal or something lol

12. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

She probably stops texting you because she knows that you would want to keep talking and it would never end. Preventing her from actually living her life. Which is something you would be doing as well if she wasn't the center of your life.

She's not playing games. You trying to decode her patterns, trying to make sense of everything she does, and planning out your texting strategy is playing games.

She's either interested in you or she isn't. She either wants to be with you and talk to you or she doesn't. Trying to amplify her interest towards you via texting is just convincing / compensating / performing. It's you being worried and acting out of fear that the outcome you want might not happen.

Text her anytime you want, but it's her choice if she wants to respond and it's your choice to keep this up with someone that isn't as responsive and available as you want them to be.

Live your life instead of waiting around for her. Meet people who actually want to be a part of your life. Stop trying to convince people who aren't interested.

It's your choice. You can continue to endure any hardship and putting a stand still on your life because you think she's the only special person that exists or you can be open to meeting people that you mutually connect with effortlessly.

Hitto and Mankrik like this.
  13. There's no one size fits all when it comes to this. Some people just don't really like texting. I know I don't and when someone texts me, I tend to put it off until I feel like responding, even though it's never my intention to be distant. It also could be that she's busy at that moment, and doesn't want to get caught up in a texting volley. Also, I'd say it's a good sign if she's texting you at 2 a.m.

Mankrik likes this.
  14. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks for these responses I didn't get any notifications for some reason. I'm done worrying about it. Either she likes me or she doesn't. No more being paranoid and overanalyzing everything. I've been super dramatic about this is because I'm crazy about this girl and there's not a whole lot going on in my life. I'm over this.

We texted all weekend and she gave me a heavy hint by saying "I'm free at x time" so I was able to ask her out and get a yes.