1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Support from str8 brothers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RdrMGK69, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

I have to say that as a gay man who really did not expect the support of so many heterosexual men I'm very grateful. I was worried when I signed on that others would not understand or appreciate the struggles of a gsy man and thought only a separate group for gay men could help. I'm also very religious and that adds to the complexity of my issue. You guys have been great supportive and non judgemental thank u

2. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

My experience is the same as a gay man (BTW, religious also). I find tremendous help from married straight men and single straight men, and have been able to offer much appreciated support to them as well. In a strange sort of way it is an ideal recovery match-up. I am not tempted or triggered by their triggers, nor vice versa. Hence, they can tell me their troubles without it affecting me too much. Actually, dealing with another gay man is sometimes more risky for the opposite reason - one can possibly trigger the other with inadvertent details.

3. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

Care to be friends buddy

4. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I agree, I find there is true beauty in this forum and the way people support each other no matter what religious or sexual background - thats how life should be

5. You definitely are a positive guy @RdrMGK69 and with an attitude like that you should be making some solid progress here. And thx for sharing the mantra on my profile page, that was thoughtful. If you ever are really struggling send me a PM anytime man :)

RdrMGK69 likes this.
  6. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

Awww shucks thanks so much. THat made my day. ;) I most certainly will send a PM and invite you to do the same. I spent over ten years in Eastern Religions; tried Buddhism-wasnt for me. LOVED Sikhism very much but somehow ended up in Hinduism with a new name, a guru and initiated mantra.

Attached Files:

7. I agree with you and as a same sex attracted born again Christian guy, it is great having another gay man help me in the journey, it can be more of a risk especially if they give too much information. But with straight men I not so much triggered by their triggers.

RdrMGK69 and JoeinMD like this.
  8. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Male, female, gay, straight, religious or atheist, different paths, different journeys, we're all facing down the same demons. I've seen you around the boards @RdrMGK69 offering help and support to all, you're a positive influencer on here. No judgement here, brother. I'm a tropical fruit, ffs, and I for one haven't noticed any fruitism or pinapplophobia.

RdrMGK69 likes this.
  9. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

Thank u very much. Tonight was unbearably hard. In more ways than needed. I wish we had a little island we could all hang out at and talk and support one another. I'm just a grain of potential growing where I'm planted

JoePineapples likes this.
  10. Well for me what has helped at in my journey is my Christian faith. Also hanging out with Christian men has helped so much and my journey would be much more tough without them. Of course this is a secular website but I just pointing what helped for me.

11. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

My faith is core to my struggle and progread too.

zero01 and JoeinMD like this.
  12. Kyoheix

Kyoheix Fapstronaut

This is not about gender or orientation. We all have a problem, we just deal with it.
    If you're straight, gay, bisexual, it doesn't matter.
    Ffs, I have been talking with a guy for weeks, he told me recently he was gay. Zero fucks given, bro, I support you, you support me. We're all into this together. That's it.