1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions...dating

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Mkngitwrk, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

I am considering the use of a dating app. Any suggestions? Success stories?

2. I would say that they are totally worth using, I have been doing online dating for years so i have lots of experience in this area. It's by far the easiest way to meet people in my opinion. And its now the main way that people meet these days. However if i was you i would also try to do approaches as well when you get your confidence up. I would start with the online dating first though, its easy for beginners, doing approaches is not at all easy especially when you have anxiety. It takes a lot of work and effort, there is no quick fix you will have to commit the time to get good at it.

I usually have an average to high success rate with online dating. But i am not going to lie you will have some bad months too when not much is going the way you want it to. It is like playing the lottery it literally is a numbers game. Some months you will have good success picking up phone numbers and getting dates. Other months you will feel like its dead and that you just don't know what to do anymore. But if you stick at it the results will follow. The last two relationships i had came from dating apps. Tinder and Coffee Meets Bagel. With the girl from Tinder she was really into me. We went on a few dates and had sex a few times. Unfortunately it did not last, but that was only because she had already decided to move back to her country prior to us meeting so it was only going to be short term...

With the girl i met on Coffee Meets Bagel it did not go beyond two dates. This was my fault really because she was interested. But back then i was doing PMO a lot i was so numbed up and depressed from my last job that i did not let her in. I pushed her away. The thought of explaining to her that i wanted to go 90 days without sex, filled me with anxiety. I did not know how she would take it. So i held back and let the conversation die....

It's not all bad stories though i have many more experiences. It does work, i say go for it! The secret to succeeding is using multiple apps. Because on each app you will meet different types of girls. This will increase your success rate ten fold! And you will soon figure out which apps work best for you. Match.com works well because its a subscription service. That means that everyone on there is more serious when it comes to dating. Free apps tend to have lots of flakers and time wasters. Tinder is usually number one, OkCupid and Bumble are not too bad either. Try a bunch of dating apps and see what happens.

Hitto and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

Thanks for the information. I will try some out. Thanks

4. FGHTFRLF

FGHTFRLF Fapstronaut

When it comes to online dating, it’s a good way to open yourself up to a variety of women. However, it comes at a cost. In real life, majority of you first attracting a woman is your confidence, etc.
    In dating apps however, people don’t truly see how you carry yourself, how you treat others, and plenty more. This means that majority of your experience will be you trying to beat other guys based on looks only.
    You also start at a step or two lower than your starting point in real life. This is due to you sending an unconscious message that maybe because you haven’t been able to get a girl in real life that you’ve turned to dating online, etc.
    You can ignore the last point I made, as everyone does have different perceptions. The most important thing is to take online dating how you would take it in real life. You have standards, so make sure not to go chasing after women online, unless you want to be part of their fan club.