1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Stubborn Belly fat

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Kratos_GOW, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Alright guys you know the drill, fat has accumulated in the belly and lats area.
    What do you guys advice would be the best approach?

Newbro2000 and +Masculinity like this.
  2. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

How many calories are you eating per day? How many times are you working out per week and for how long?

Give a sense of what your fitness lifestyle is like and we can answer better :)

3. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

I have recently starting doing excercise and trying to do atleast 4 days a week.
    I won't be going joining gym for reasons and open on using, bodyweights+resistance bands with skipping. I plan on going in calories deficit as per diet goes. I will have to check calories thoz my weighing machine is broken arm.

+Masculinity likes this.
  4. Peppy

Peppy Fapstronaut

The key to loose fat is a negative calorie balance. As long as you workout and eat enough protein and fat you will keep most of your muscles.
    It's a long process and the belly fat will be the last place where you will loose it.

Asgardian36 and +Masculinity like this.
  5. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

Yeah personally I eat the same meals every single day. I have a high variety within the day, but just for ease of preparation I eat the same thing. Point being, I know exactly how many calories I'm eating. If that's a little too spartan for you, then plan a few meals throughout the week so you can have more variety but also know how many calories. Again you can just eat whatever you want, however you want, but it makes it a bit more time consuming keeping track of your calories.

Once you know how many calories you eat throughout the week, you want a deficit. It sounds like you already know what you're doing, so just keep going and things will start to work for you.

If you've already lost a lot of weight though, your metabolism may have started slowing down. So for example, let's say you just lost 30lb (14kg). At that point you've lost a lot of weight and your metabolism will be very slow. At that point you want to increase your calories by a hundred or so every 3-4 days until you're at a maintenance caloric intake. Then, maintain your current weight for a month or so. At that point you'll have achieved a new weight setpoint. Reduce calories again by 500 to lose 1lb per week until things start to stall or you achieve your goal appearance.

Asgardian36 and Kratos_GOW like this.
  6. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info. I am currently aiming for abs training as i never had those and make my way by doing the above.

7. kyropatka

kyropatka New Fapstronaut

hi, here's what i want to say. The most important thing in losing weight is to eat fewer calories than your body needs. In general, it's all individual. There are many programs to help you calculate how many calories you need to eat during the day. of course, it depends on height, weight and activity

Asgardian36 and Kratos_GOW like this.
  8. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thanks man. I am familiar with body building and calories usage. I was asking if there is anything specific i need to take care of.

9. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Eat 5 meals a day.

Breakfast- 2 hard boiled eggs,
    10 am. Oatmeal and protein powder.
    1 pm - tuna and rice
    4 pm - chicken and sweat potatoes
    Dinner - turkey and a salad with avocado etc.

Stick with that rhythm and do some working out and you'll lose it.
    Clean protein and either rice, oatmeal, potatoes, sweet potatoes.

No bread, no cheese, no fatty meats

Project86, Asgardian36 and Kratos_GOW like this.
  10. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Thanks but i am a vegetarian friend.

+Masculinity likes this.
  11. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Hmm! Interesting... I don't eat read meat but I will eat fish and poultry. Do you eat dairy at all or no?
    Tbh I don't know how to go about that on a vegetarian diet.
    How about a vegan protein powder and one of the carbs I suggested?

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  12. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

I m fine with everything other then meat of any kind. Diary is fine too

13. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Thanks for advising. What does your "same thing" diet typically look like?

14. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

I eat a vegetarian diet which may be unappealing to you. However, here is a list, without quantity. It totals around 2000 calories I believe.
    • Eggs
    • Spring greens mix (spinach, kale, etc.)
    • Gusta vegan sausage
    • Yves vegan burger
    • Red bell pepper
    • Banana
    • Apple
    • Carrots
    • Soy milk
    • Protein powder
    • Peanut butter
    • Granola
    • Berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
    • Tofu

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  15. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

This is a great Meal plan! Thanks for the reccomendation!

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  16. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

It's important to stick to it. Think of it this way...the three middle meals are a protein and a carb. If you add mayonnaise for example that is not correct. Same for the last meal... If you have a turkey burger with avocado but have a bun with it it's ruined. Last meal fat and protein only. Stick with that for a month and let me know how it goes

Kratos_GOW and Asgardian36 like this.
  17. Here is the simplist way:

<1000 calories/day

no sugar

1 hour of cardio/day

Just keep doing that every day until you hit your goal weight.

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  18. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Hmm you may lose too much muscle that way

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  19. It never affected me that way.

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  20. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Although I like your meal plan, I need to adjust it according to what is sustainable for me. I will remember your principle not to have cards for the night meal.

Kratos_GOW likes this.