1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Strange side effects of PMO

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BrighterFuture, Apr 26, 2022.

1. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

In the last 3 years in my recovery process, I thought it's interesting how PMO effects many different areas in our life

So let's share some of those side effects not many talk about,

One example is, PMO effect my ability to dream, I dream specifically when I relapse more than two times in one day. Once I start a streak, I lose my ability to dream

it sounds like a joke I made up, But it's real! :eek:

This isn't me trying to justify relapsing as relapse twice a day is the worst feeling!

Maybe the high dopamine rush triggers dreaming?

Who knows, all I know is that once I relapse twice in one day, I pass out and get high quality dreams

Did anyone experience anything similar to this? or know any other strange side effects?

I would like to hear what you have in mind

Kieran2121 and King Carlsen like this.
  2. Dk much about dreaming tho, I start becoming creative and have better memory when I am on a good streak. Otherwise I feel like I'm the dumbest person on the earth when I am on a PMO spiral.

GotCaught and BrighterFuture like this.
  3. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

Firstly, everybody dreams but many people have almost zero dream recall. After I relapse, I many times notice that my dreams are more vivid/ more colourful and more alive and my dream recall also improves. I think it's the same principle as when I edge for some time, I will feel good - more happy, more optimistic, more energetic ( that is before I crash obviously). So basically I think these are still drug- like effects of feel-good chemicals. Good point.

BrighterFuture likes this.
  4. BootstrapBill

BootstrapBill Fapstronaut

You myt have something there . Usually I rarely have dreams. But when I NoFap if I remember I start dreaming about random women. Didn't think pmo had anything to do with non dreaming . But I suppose that could be seeing dreams usually happen in deep rem . Does fapping effect entering deep rem

5. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

I have another experience.
    During a long streak, i have at night now und then sex and love dreams. This dreams are so wonderful, that it effect the following day and in general improves my mood.
    I really love this.

6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview Fapstronaut

Opposite for me, I don't dream as much when I relapse a lot over a short period of time. When I do it's more likely to be a nightmare or night terror.

7. BrighterFuture

I rarely get sex or love related dreams, but yeah you really do wake up feeling better the next day.

8. Be the exception

Be the exception Fapstronaut

I experience the exact opposite. My dreams become much more vivid and often lucid when on a long streak.

9. BrighterFuture

this is how it should work, you're normal my friend, but me, I think my brain is broken due to the aggrieves dopamine rush caused by pmo, I really need to rewire it

10. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

I tend to dream a lot but during pmo it becomes difficult for me to remember most of what happened. Similarly to @Be the exception during a long streak I tend to remember my dreams more clearly.