1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting on the second century

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Mackswell Hope, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Mackswell Hope

Mackswell Hope Fapstronaut

The title is a reference to a cricket metaphor - 90 days is like batting for a century in a cricket innings. And one commentator once said - once a batsman gets his first century, he immediately needs to think about how to go about getting his second one. That's where I am at. And I'll keep on going once there too, but it isn't all smooth sailing. It's a dangerous time, so I've hesitated this last week before posting my 'success' story. The desires have not gone. I am not cured. But don't fear; I have gone very well and I intend to dig in and keep up the great work.
    I've collated some general thoughts for readers to apply to their own situation according to what resonates. Here they are:

1) Collate your whys. Why do you want to stop PMOing?

2) Tell your significant other. They are vested in you in a way that others on these pages generally won’t be. Your SO has undoubtedly been impacted by your PMO addition, in ways that might be obvious and other ways that might surprise you. You have to come clean to become clean. That said, through honest journaling, and attempting to be kind (see point 3 below) you will gather a small community of kind and caring others on these pages too. Support each other. If your SO leaves you because of the disclosure… well that sucks, but they needed to move on and all you can do by way of contrition is to let them. Move on and be happy; build a more solid platform for your next relationship.

3) You create your own universe. Do unto others as unto yourself. So both practically and spiritually there are reasons to be nice to people around you. Be kind. And do be kind to yourself, too. Forgive. Celebrate your achievements, and rejoice in the achievements of those around you.

4) As you progress on your journey, gather your insights. What are your triggers? What led you to PMOing in the first place? P is ubiquitous. Not everyone gets hooked. What are the issues you face that meant you got hooked? What issues do you currently face? What do your dreams tell you?

5) Set realistic goals, if you are goal oriented.

6) Don’t expect anything positive or negative in particular, but do be aware of what others have experienced in their journeys so you can be on the alert for them, such as the chaser effect, flatline etc; but don’t be disappointed if the positive ones don’t happen, like ‘superpowers’. In short, just enjoy being you and learning who you are.

Champ39, h215, peraaclom and 5 others like this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

I hope you get through the 'nervous nineties' :p When you get to your first century, you can hold your bat erect, haha! :rolleyes:

peraaclom likes this.
  3. AndySky180

AndySky180 Fapstronaut

You continue to go from strength to strength. A true inspiration.