1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting my first real job in April

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Nautilus_, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Nautilus_

Nautilus_ New Fapstronaut

I have dropped out of uni and had a few small jobs for a month or two here or there.

next April I am starting a job in a software company as a '2nd line support analyst'
    Its my first role in the field I have been interested in for about a year and a half.

I am worried that I wont get the opportunity to upskill or that I will always be held back behind people with degrees. I have done everything myself so far, learning etc...

I dunno, I have a feeling of immense guilt that I didn't finish uni and that I wont ever know anything to the same level without it.

The job I am doing, I don't know if there is a pathway to upskill, or the company will consider letting me. I don't want to be stuck as a pajeet call person the rest of my life.

How do I keep my motivation for learning going while also at work. How do I keep my feelings of doubt and worthlessness from undermining my ability to succeed.

I came here from an r9k and pol background, so Im reconnecting to the world from a very black-pilled position. I don't have any friends, maybe some people I talk to online but I would consider them more acquaintances.

I was taking 300 mg of venlafaxine for chronic depression untill 3 months ago. I have come off them completely. I guess I am doing well, but Im still in the same place by most other metrics.

Maybe it would help to stop hanging out in discords which are full of people as depressed as I sometimes am.

2. Just saying that people that went to Harvard etc are working for people Who dropped out of school :D

3. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah you should really cut out the negativity in your life. Remember that the things you see online have nothing to do with you. I often feel negative about the things I see and hear online but they have nothing to do with my life. You don't want any unnecessary garbage in your life, so stop doing the things that make you feel negative.

And about your job, you already got the place so you shouldn't worry. Worrying overall is useless. Whatever you worry will happen in the future, won't happen and if it will, it won't happen the way you thought it would.

Deleted Account, jipjap and Nugget9 like this.