1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Squall is dead...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EXPONENTIALLY, Apr 24, 2018.

1. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

I never played ff8 but I saw someone playing it and finishing it as well as many other ffs. I don't play video games since years but very occasionally I watch some walkthrough or theories. And recently I saw a series of 5 videos on YouTube proving that Squall from ff8 actually dies at the end of disk 1 and the rest of the game until the white striking ending scene is just his life-flashing and his fantasies and interrogations right before the ultimate death point of no return. Go watch that series of 5 videos " squall is dead", it's so spooky and at the same time fascinating. I always thought that ff was really missing something (from what I can tell) besides the popular view of the love story (which in that case is Squall's wish that he wanted to experience before his death). Because it's also true that the game turns out to be very strange (monsters and people and story) after disk one where Edea spells a giant ice peak to Squall who then falls from 10 meters let's say (in that case his death). But I guess during that fall he passes all the endless possibilities of how his life should have been (the rest of the game). And that ending scene of blurred Rinoa and flashbacks and weird shots also tell something: Squall is losing his time for remembering and associating pictures to further tell his fantasy story and his life is now leaving for good, and that's why we see him dying brutally in some white mist, the rest with that heavenly scene with Rinoa is a last fantasy of Squall plus with all the goophy friendly type of party at the end filmed by a camera that NEVER shows Squall... The body secretes a drug in agony to cope with the fatality of death and ff8 is mainly the coping mechanism of Squall before his death, it's all in his mind.

I thought that was really genius and fascinating because all that weird like story after disk 1 finally correlates.

Yep.