1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[SpaceX Fapstronaut Challenge]: New Horizons to Mars (39 days)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Count Chocula, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Fapstronaut

Dear Fapstronauts,

I'm writing you from 4.67 billion miles (7.5 billion kilometers) away near the icy planet, Pluto. I'm here to challenge you to begin a new mission to Mars with the hope of future colonization. In 2006 NASA launched the New Horizons mission (the ship I'm currently captaining) which recently relayed incredible photographs of Pluto, including the one I posted to this challenge. The spacecraft travels 36,000 mph (58,000 kph). This was the fastest spacecraft of it's time. It's incredible really to be driving at these speeds across our galaxy.

While New Horizons was not headed to Mars, this challenge will set Mars as its destination. If our craft is traveling at the same speed as of New Horizons, we will arrive at Mars in 39 days (while Mars is in its closest approach to Earth). For the 39 days of our voyage, we must abide by the following rules:

1.) PM-Mode or Hard-Mode (You decide). I am a married man, so this is PM-Mode for me. You must abstain from P and M (and O if you choose Hard-Mode reboot) for the duration of the 39 days to complete the challenge.

2.) No second chances. In Space, mistakes are life or death. One engine failure or system malfunction could mean disaster or death for the entire crew. If you fail the challenge and break your bottom-line rules, you must leave the mission. We do not want to jeopardize the rest of the crew in their journey.

3.) Introduce yourself to Mission Control. Let your fellow crew members know a little bit about yourself, why you've accepted this mission, and what your future goals are. Be sure to mention if you're in PM or Hard-Mode.

4.) Please post to the thread if you're bowing out due to relapse so that we can all commend you for your service to the mission and encourage you to try again on later missions.

5.) Once we make it to Mars, we will consider our return mission, or the possibility of Martian colonization for an undetermined duration (to be decided once enough Fapstronauts have made it to the landing site to begin construction of our NoFap Headquarters on the Red Planet).

Welcome aboard gentlemen/women!

From Pluto, with love,
    - Fapstronaut Cpt. Hiram Bighands; SpaceX, New Horizons

[Mission Control]: Houston, Commencing countdown. Engines on.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017