1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Somewhat Desperate

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by _Jacob_, Nov 7, 2017.

1. _Jacob_

_Jacob_ Fapstronaut

For the past two years I can’t think of a span of more than maybe three days that I haven’t masturbated. Throughout the first year and a half, I felt decently fine. However, the effects of my addiction have recently manifested themselves. I honesty have no idea where to start but there is one thing that I am certain of: I need help and I need to quit my destructive habit.

Yanis likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

_Jacob_ likes this.
  3. J. Fylz

J. Fylz Fapstronaut

Agreed ! you are in the right place! Keep yourself open and honest. Get yourself a plan about what you want to change and some ideas on what you want to replace those habits with. Evaluate and look at major trigger points and times where you see a habit of tripping up and find someone to hold you accountable. The only way to get past this is to drag it out of the dark and into the open. Also be easy on yourself, this is a habit that took years to manifest and will take some time to get past! Know you are supported and NEVER judged!

Yanis and _Jacob_ like this.
  4. _Jacob_

_Jacob_ Fapstronaut

I have been doing my research as far as what strategies I should use to aid in my reboot, and I’ve implemented them on this first day. The ones that I have found to be the most successful are taking cold showers and preoccupying myself with constructive tasks. Not only does my mind feel good, but I aim able to focus so much better, because now I have a good motivating tool to become more productive.

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Those are good. Check out In Case You Didn't Know for additional strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

_Jacob_ likes this.
  6. Yanis

Yanis Fapstronaut

Welcome to the Nofap-community.
    The No-PMO-journey will not be easy but worth the effort. Always focus on what you really want: true happiness. ENJOY!

_Jacob_ likes this.