Something To Think About

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by HumblePilgrim, Nov 9, 2017.

1. HumblePilgrim

HumblePilgrim Fapstronaut

We spend 24 hours a day with ourselves. There is no one who knows us better than us. Even when everyone has gone, no matter where we go...there we are. What's the point? That, certainly for me, we have to treat ourselves like a best friend.

We have to develop an actual love for ourselves which will bring with it the vital values of honesty, respect, and integrity. We have to look at ourselves and not see monsters or failures, but normality and nothing less than glorious works in progress. Even if we relapse, it is no failure as long as we rise again.

This is a bit of a ramble, but a sincere one regardless :)

2. Jharpeskie

Jharpeskie Fapstronaut

Thank you for what you've written, I think a big motivator in my life is trying to be as genuine to myself as I can be, and also to make myself interesting company to others, and myself. I'm an introvert and spend most my time alone, so my goal is to enjoy my own company. My PMO habits made me feel a bit gross and hypocritical to my values, and that's why I'm trying to fix my brain!

Some times are easy than others, and other times are really hard, but posts like yours always give me a bit of motivation. Thank you!

HumblePilgrim likes this.