1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something to fill the void/express myself

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by PhilippB, Nov 17, 2023.

1. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello brothers,

I am kind of in a dilemma right now.

Somehow I feel that there is something missing in my life, I miss that excitement, that feeling of being alive.

But I don’t know where to find my passion, that thing to put my energy into.

I am thinking of dating some women just for the fun of it and the excitement and pleasure but I know that I am not ready and don’t want a relationship right now.

I also want to find out what might be a hobby for me to put my energy into and to really enjoy.
    Right now I try to learn making beats with the program FL Studio and I am already working out and doing karate but it’s not filling this inner void and wish of feeling alive.

Do you have any ideas what else I could try? I think it should be an activity where I am doing something actively and not aomething like reading.

Is it a good idea to start dating even if I don’t feel ready?

I am on nofap day 0 because I don’t even try seriously (I always mess up on day 2/3 and then give up) and am working on my psyche with a therapist.

Thanks brothers!

2. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Addition:
    I also kind of that this passion/new hobby should be something where I can express myself and my feelings.

Thats why I am trying to make beats right now even if the process is quite unemotional.

3. rm2112

rm2112 New Fapstronaut

Journaling, art, or learning an instrument is a good focus.

Based on your interests, I would recommend piano for you. Just get a decent keyboard (no need to spend a lot at first), and you can find lots of free tutorials or paid classes online.

4. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hm thanks for your advice, tbh I have always been interested in drums because I have a lot of energy and also anger sometimes. Why do you think a piano would be better?

5. rm2112

rm2112 New Fapstronaut

The piano is ideal if you want write music.

Making your main instrument the drums is great; it’s just hard to write songs with drums only .

Bradziggler1990 likes this.
  6. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

I didn’t even come up withe the idea of writing songs. But its a very good point!
    Thanks a lot.
    I will have to think about that.

7. Heypleasehelpme

Heypleasehelpme Fapstronaut

U should consume inriched diet to fuel your body to lost nutrients

fusion47 likes this.
  8. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Thats a good idea, but my problem is not a lacknof energy.
    Instead it’s even too much of energy.
    I feel like I have to put it somewhere intonsomething that I really enjoy.

Heypleasehelpme likes this.
  9. Heypleasehelpme

Heypleasehelpme Fapstronaut

10. mrack2023

mrack2023 Fapstronaut

I relate to you when you say you miss the excitement or the feeling of being alive. I don't have any suggestions as far as hobbies.

I recommend listening to the Andrew Huberman podcast on addiction if you haven't already. But one thing he said that has stuck with me is that addiction is a progressive narrowing of the things that bring us pleasure.

I believe that the more you abstain from PMO, you'll find yourself enjoying and being more interested in your current hobbies. Best of luck. I hope you are well.

GeorgeJetson likes this.
  11. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello brother,

thanks for your advice.
    Yes I know him and I think he’s right.

I have a whoke night of sexchats and masturbation to submissive stuff behind me.

But I won’t let that addiction beat me!

Greetings from Bavaria

12. roifwoha

roifwoha Fapstronaut

Find hobbies or activities that involve other people. Karate is a good example. As much as you may enjoy making beats, you're doing it in isolation, and with immediate access to computers (you see the danger there, right?).

Spend time outside, go to places where other people are, even the library.

A huge part of the problem is the amount of time we spend alone, often attached to the Internet, and in a place where nobody can see us. It's just an invitation to keep relapsing again and again. The simple (but not easy) solution is to force yourself "into public" more, to engage with (or at least be around) other people.

Start by taking some portion of your day that you're often alone, and force yourself to be around others. It could be as little as an hour a day. The important thing is to break the cycle of isolation.

Good luck, best wishes.

Bradziggler1990 likes this.
  13. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello there,

damn you are right.
    I know I have relapsed several tines whike I wanted to create some beats in my laptop.

Thats why I think of buying a E Drumset or a real one and learn drumming instead of being on the laptop the whoke time.

And yes I know I have to go out of my room spend time with my family or my friend.

I even go out to a club or a shishaloung more often in the last weeks because I don’t want to stay home and rot aay all the time.

Thanks bro!

roifwoha likes this.
  14. Daggertail19

Daggertail19 Fapstronaut

I use the gym and Jiu Jitsu. Both cost money, Jiu Jitsu is a little more pricey. Both activities are hobbies you can see progress in if you stay consistent. They also do a lot more for you than just make you look good. It helps your mental, and physical health. The nice body is an addition.

Hope that helps brother, keep fighting.

mrack2023 likes this.
  15. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hello brother,

yes indeed I have had the same thought when I started martial arts.

I am doing Oshukai-Karate right now.
    I really enjoy practicing and becoming better.

It’s also great for the body as you have said because you train much wholesome instead of focusing on seperate muscle groups.

Have a great day!

Daggertail19 likes this.
  16. Smartman-foolsbody

Smartman-foolsbody Fapstronaut

List of hobbies? Let’s go

Thai boxing
    MMA
    Gym
    Miniature painting (warhammer)
    Gaming (mainly open world/ RPG)
    Volunteering
    General DIY round the house or gardening
    Drawing
    Start a YouTube channel?

The two hobbies I’ve not done in a while which I love are miniature painting and making YouTube videos.

Miniature painting or mini painting as the community call it is so relaxing. Really helps me de stress and is so satisfying.

Now YouTube videos. You don’t have to be a full on crazy living in LA type of YouTube. Everyone’s life is unique and I enjoy the video making process. But been way way too busy past few months have barely 2 seconds to wipe my butt

17. Prophet Harry

Prophet Harry Fapstronaut

Learn guitar and don't get into a relationship till you are absolutely ready.

Smartman-foolsbody likes this.
  18. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for the great answer! I am already doing Karate, going to the gym and do some Yoga.
    Recently I have started making hip hop beats with FL Studio. I think thats enough for now.

19. PhilippB

PhilippB Fapstronaut

I have thought about learning an instrument but my music theory knowledge is reallyy limited so I chose making hip hop beats just for fun.

To be hones I am dating a girl right now , I habe just met her one time for coffee but I really want to go slow with everything and focus on myself.

Smartman-foolsbody likes this.
  20. Pauley

Pauley Fapstronaut

Visit the mountains and do some mountain hiking. Even beginner trails raise the adrenaline level and you naturally feel alive in a beautiful environment.

SilentWolfSong likes this.