Some pitfalls and techniques for redirecting it

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Stichting, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Stichting

Stichting Fapstronaut

The first part of this applies to the people who want to do NoFap in the more strict form, but the technique mentioned later can also apply for the broader part.

It may not seem believable/obvious at first, but the following actions can easily lead to more and more into the thoughts about woman or pr0n. It can lead very slowly to the point of relapsing, or more and more desperately wanting some kind of real interaction with women, while you may want to continue celibacy/brahmacharya.

The actions include: looking at women out of passionate reasons, touching them, play, talking in private to fulfill your own desires, making wishes/determinations about women, or the actual sexual act.

And when such a distraction of listed above still occurs, (this can of course apply to urges for fapping or watching pr0n as well, or seeing something distracting on screen or in real life), there are techniques to divert that away. Things like meditation, breathing, or, my favorite that I in some part discovered in this form; which is imagining that the energy of those thoughts/actions above is now inside your body in a controlled way, by doing one of the following ways: contracting some muscles as if it's now redirected for using that muscle(group).

Or a variation on that which i like more, pressing thumb and index finger, or thumb and middle finger together, not too hard, but strong enough that you clearly feel the contact, while imagining that the energy is now captivated around that area, not only right between the 2 fingers. Or from both hands the thumbs and one or more other fingers so that there's some triangle or diamond like shape.

When you're with other people around, the good thing is that you can do the stuff above unnoticed.

PrioritySystem and GoingHAM like this.