1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

social anxiety

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by persian29, Sep 20, 2014.

1. persian29

persian29 Fapstronaut

have huge big time social anxiety, performance anxiety, and stage fright, excessive sweating and a whole bunch of other anxiety related issues like worrying too much, always tense and nervous. most of the time im a wreck on the inside.

anyone have any material that related no pmo and any of the above problems.

any kind of inspiration or self experiences would be cool

2. Z_the_B

Z_the_B Guest

Meditation. Exercise. No pmo.
    You ll be fine.

3. Adjoint

Adjoint Fapstronaut

cxbz

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. persian29

persian29 Fapstronaut

thanks ill be looking into this.

5. Yada91

Yada91 Fapstronaut

I suffer/ have suffered with Social anxiety

Here are the steps I've took to manage/defeat it

- Went to counselling (this didn't help me much but I took some interesting pointers out of it)
    - Started NoFap and talking to people on Facebook
    - Started talking to my parents/brothers/sisters.
    - When I had enough confidence I then applied for a job
    - Ateneded the interview and succeeded (this was the hardest part)
    - Since I've started working my Social anxiety basically doesn't exist.

The counselling is good because of something called 'CBT' it's hard to explain but that will give you the knowledge you need to start reversing the effects.

But in a nutshell you just have to go out and face your fear, it's the only way to defeat it. Meditation and exercise might make you feel more confident but that alone won't do anything if you don't talk to people. Just take it slow and build your confidence and move onto the next step as you feel confident.

It's been 42 days since I've started the above it can turn around very quickly if you really want it. Good luck!

6. Dad

Dad Fapstronaut

Learn to breath. It's part of meditation. Take long slow deep breaths in and out. Next time you feel panicky look at yourself and ask if you're breathing. That's the foundation of mindfulness and is the root of meditation.
    Rocky is spot on.
    In social situations you can deep breath deeply in and out through your nose and no one will even see you doing it. You will appear calm, which will make others around you calm, it has a spiral up effect.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014