1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

social anxiety fix without medication

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Wuzzaap, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Wuzzaap

Wuzzaap Fapstronaut

I was a very ongoing social person. I have a severe trauma in the past year which caused intense social anxiety .

I want to know if its possible to fix it without medication. I know quitting PMO is one step but their should be certain ways and actions to get rid of it

Did anybody ever improved without the use of medications?

2. Wuzzaap

Wuzzaap Fapstronaut

thanx man, im starting to consider it

3. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

I've heard exposure therapy works, just put yourself in these situations over and over. What do you consider medication and why are you opposed to it? Obviously you don't want to rely on it, but it could help get you out of a rut.

sambo27 likes this.
  4. sambo27

sambo27 Fapstronaut

I cant speak on behalf of severe trauma.

Something that I have been trying when I have my anxiety / panic attacks, though, is really leaning into the anxiety by breathing.
    Sort of like fully embracing myself as it is happening and not trying and stop it.
    Just letting it all flow, accepting it for what it is and not trying to feel guilty about it.

I noticed when I stopped trying to fight it, I was able to become an observer of it.
    This ability to observe it gave me a perspective where I was removed from emotionally feeling it and could begin to think about it in a more objective way.

In the few times that I have done this recently, I started developing much more compassion for myself and the problems that I am experiencing. Crazy as it sounds, part of me is "proud" to have the problems that I am dealing with. It's almost like, everyone gets tested in some way. Certainly, some much more than others. But there is an element of owning and being proud of the very personal problems that God / the universe has challenged you with. Almost like a test.
    This has been a very healthy perspective for me.

Again, I apologize as I have not experienced severe trauma.
    I hope that sharing some of my experience can help in some way, however small.

I truly hope that you are able to handle and overcome this.
    Much support.

Thanks.

Gab238 and DerSchütze like this.