smoking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by __zeXon__, Apr 18, 2022.

1. __zeXon__

__zeXon__ Fapstronaut

this theme has probably already been on this forum but im wondering, has any of you guys maganed to quit smoking and how you did it? I smoke 3 packs a day and every time i tried to quit i failed. Even Alen Carr's book didn't help me. What should i do?

HansiK and Fap5tr0naut like this.
  2. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Only thing that ever made me quit was going from cigarettes to 11mg nicotine vape juice to 6mg to 3mg in the span of 7 months. Extremely gradual. Now I vape 0mg juice - I still need the crutch from the vape but at least I don't consume nicotine anymore. Carr's book never worked for me either, and I read it 3 times. Also tried hypnosis, didn't work either.

3. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

I quit because I feared for my health more than I wanted to smoke. It was a lonh process of relapses, quitting, dtarting to smoke again etc. My addiction was more social though. Also I did not have the money to spend on them and I knew it was waste if money.

Fap5tr0naut likes this.
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Wowsers! :eek:

I have never smoked, so I have nothing practical to share. But you have got to sort this out zexon.

5. I liked Carr's book, but it wasn't enough for me either. I guess you can't really use this, but what fully ended my smoking was marrying a girl I highly valued that just wouldn't have it. I did dl relapse a couple of times when drunk, but since I've had kids I have an incredibly strong motivation to quit, and I have yet to relapse since my first was born. I can tell you that if you can get a decent streak going, the urge subsides somewhat. It's been a few years for me and I still get the occasional pull when I see someone else smoking, but thankfully it hasn't been too bad.

6. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

I don't smoke, and never did, but i can give advices
    If it were 3/4 cigarettes a day i believe you can "easily" replace the habit of smoking with something healtier. With time you are done

But 3 packs a day is really too much! It's not a simple habit, it's an addiciton! Nicotine addiction
    And like a drug addiction, you have to gradually decrease the dose
    As @Cirilla said above, vaping nicotine and gradually decreasing mg of nicotine may help alot!

7. Addictus

Addictus Fapstronaut

I quit and started up again many times over the years. Then I watched my father in hospice literally drown in his bed of COPD 12 yrs ago. Within a month I stopped smoking cigarettes. I figured I was a just a nicotine addict and so I sucked on those commit lozenges for a way to continue to feed my addiction to nicotine. When I got use to living without a cigarette in my hand I just cut them in half for a week and then into quarters the next week and within two months I was nicotine free! Smoking is just a method to deliver nicotine into your body. You’re not really hooked on the cigarettes smoke but the nicotine from it. Suck on those lozenges and that will lessen the physical cravings and make the absence of cigarettes a lot easier.

88991s likes this.
  8. Fap5tr0naut

Fap5tr0naut Fapstronaut

Alan Carr’s book got the momentum going for me long enough to implement some new habits. That was the real key though. Right after that I signed up for a race and started running regularly with an accountability partner. The substitutional habit replacement is what I really attribute to lasting success. I think it could be anything though. Just focusing more on the constructive replacement action seemed to give me a new sense of purpose as I rewired my brain. I’ve since run dozens of races some even sponsored

HansiK likes this.