Smoking habit

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by awayforlong, Apr 27, 2019.

1. awayforlong

awayforlong Fapstronaut

Hey folks,

I am on a nofap (light mode) streak for almost three weeks. I feel a lot better, my anxiety is very low, i have more energy and i have a sense of pride for myself. I did not expect changes to be so quick. In the last years I was constantly stressed, leading to smoking a lot, drinking on the weekends, also using my cell phone way too often. I think all of this is connected to a need of dopamine and reward for the brain. Right now I think of also giving up smoking. I am a bit afraid, that I set my goals to high and might fail alltogether. Smoking would be the most important next step for a healthier life. What are your experiences, do you have any tipps for giving up smoking? Can you motivate me :-D

A41:14A likes this.
  2. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

IMO, you should wait until any withdrawals you have from quitting PMO are gone then think about quitting. You don't wanna pile too much on yourself at once.

3. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

“It’s easy to quit smoking. I’ve done it hundreds of times.” – Mark Twain
    :)

4. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

5. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

In three days the body is no longer physically addicted to nicotine, everything else is psychological.
    You control your thoughts.
    A craving lasts three minutes. You can make it through three minutes.
    Every time you quit is one try closer to quitting for good.

awayforlong likes this.
  6. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Actually, according to WebMD, "depending on how long you’ve smoked and how many cigarettes you have a day, symptoms of withdrawal can last anywhere from several days to several weeks."

https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/understanding-nicotine-withdrawal-symptoms#1

I know from experience that withdrawals can last longer than three days. That's part of what makes quitting so challenging.