1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Skin issues (seborrheic dermatitis) in SR

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Epsilon guy, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Epsilon guy

Epsilon guy Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I have been in SR for 150 days. I have seen benefits and problems. But this post is not to talk about my progress on SR, but to talk about my seborrheic dermatitis. One of the main reasons I started SR was to cure my chronic seborrheic dermatitis that I have had for 9 years, as I had read in different posts on the internet, that several users claimed that they had been cured of that and other conditions by doing long bouts of SR. After 150 days of SR, my seborrheic dermatitis is still there. Evidently, I continue to do SR as at this point I am very aware of the benefits it has beyond even physical effects on the body and it seems pointless to touch myself in that way. But, I am getting to a point where I am starting to believe that I am going to have to live with this forever, and truth be told, it is getting me a little depressed as I thought this might be the cure.

Seborrheic dermatitis is apparently not a serious disease. And I say apparently, because very little is really known about it and besides, I have heard several doctors say that when you have an inflammatory state in your body that is reflected in the skin, even though at the moment it is only reflected in the skin, you are not in a healthy state and there is something in your body that is not working well, so you do not know what it could lead to in the future and I try to take care of my health.

In fact, it's kind of frustrating for someone like me, because all my life I have been trying to take care of myself, not doing drugs, doing sports, eating healthy, and yet, I have had this condition that no other member of my family has (the only unhealthy thing I have done, is touching myself for 16 years, I'm 28 years old by the way).

Having said all of this, I wanted to ask if anyone here has gone through something similar, either with this skin disease or another and who believes that it has been generated only by years of touching and to know if they have managed, even after years of retention to be cured, because in my case, after 150 days, it is not only that I have not been cured, but that my symptoms have not improved at all, not even the slightest. And you have to take into account what I said, that I take care of myself and i do not have bad habits.

I know that some people will suggest me to have a skin care routine, but, first of all, during all these years, I have tried a thousand things, not only products, but diets too, probably all the existing diets in the world haha and nothing has worked. The products worked some of them for a while, but after that, they stopped working.

But equally, there is something more important than all this, and that is, even if there were a product or products that would work 100% forever, it is not what I want, nor do I want to be a slave to products for life and besides, I want to cure this from the inside, as I want to be really healthy and not find myself with an unpleasant surprise in a few years.

If you have come this far, thank you for reading me and hopefully someone can help me, because this condition is a brown. Your head and face itches sometimes, and people always think you are ashamed because you have a red face, and even if you are not ashamed, you end up getting it because they notice this physical defect....

Embark39 and 500 like this.