Should I update my iPhone??

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 31, 2018.

1. my phone keeps prompting me to update, but I'm reluctant to download the newer version with all the problems I'm hearing about. I currently have iOS 10.2 I believe. So what do you guys think? What would be the disadvantages of sticking with my current software?

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I dunno, I alway apply any updates Apple prompts me to do and I never have any problems with my phone.

3. I heard it makes your phone slower for ios, but I don't know. Apparently they do it on purpose

4. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

That depends on how the phone's battery is. I heard something about it on the radio last week where they were saying that with the new OS update every phone will slow down differently depending on the results of examining the battery. They slow them down so it doesn't drain older batteries so quickly. You could also buy a new battery, presumably at an immodest price.

5. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Make a backup first? If you don't like the update, roll back? Or does Apple prevent you from doing that?

6. Not sure how to do that. I guess I'll just stick with my current software as long as there's no major disadvantages.

7. nellywilk

nellywilk Fapstronaut

I have that now. Very annoying. If you don't want to break the bank, get yourself used model of iphone from this website. You don't need to worry about the technical issues, as they give one year warranty for all their devices. The choice of models and colors is also large, so can satisfy all the tastes.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2023