1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Shortness of breath covid 19 or quit?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mistakesweremade, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Mistakesweremade

Mistakesweremade Fapstronaut

I started feeling a tight chest and difficult breathing yesterday (symptons are mild but I have never felt like this before.) which is a symptom of covid 19 but I also went on nofap and quit cigarettes 14 days ago. Does anyone know if quitting cigarettes can cause tightness in chest and difficulty breathing?

I live in toronto so covid 19 hasn't really spread here so maybe I am just overreacting. What are the chances if only 500 confirmed cases out of like 3 million people? My sister suspects I am a hypochondriac. Although, I never really considered it much so maybe it is just that and I am imagining my own symptoms.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Perhaps it’s anxiety as well
    These are symptoms of Covid 19: cough, fever, diarrhea and tightness /pressure in the chest with difficulty of breathing.

Kligor and fg4795 like this.
  3. Mistakesweremade

I am just gonna assume it's anxiety or due to my quit to cigarettes for now until I get other symptoms or it gets much worse. I've been at home mostly and only in contact with my mother who lives with me but rarely goes out. The one I am worried about is my older brother who visited yesterday. He is hardcore drug addict who frequently go to place to place either drug related or looking for cigarettes and lives in shared accommodation with other chinese.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  4. That does sound worrying, hoping your family will remain healthy and safe!

Kligor and fg4795 like this.
  5. Mistakesweremade

I've quit cigarettes in the past and I don't recall ever experiencing these sensations (In fact, google search says I should have a decrease shortness of breath.) so that leaves either anxiety or corona with anxiety being more likely due to number of cases in Canada.

6. Mistakesweremade

Ok it seems it was anxiety induced or an extremely mild case. I took a nap and the symptoms nearly disappeared. I would update if things change though.

Coffee Candy likes this.