1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex reset after 50

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Klystron, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Klystron

Klystron Fapstronaut

Well here I go again. Trying to complete a 90 day sex reset at 52 yrs. old.

This has proven to be my most challenging undertaking in my life. Having been sexualized at 4, I can't remember I time I have ever gone more than a day or two without fapping.

Today I've made it to day 15! Want to do a complete "reset" by going a complete 90 days without self soothing or taking matters "in hand". Even after 25 yrs of marriage and 5 children, I have never been able to satisfy without fapping. Working a 12 step program with an accountability partner this go round. Looking for experience, advice, and insight from you guys along with humbling myself to God to gain success and peace.

Please keep me in your prayers.

i_wanna_get_better1 likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

Klystron likes this.
  3. Klystron

Klystron Fapstronaut

That was awesome straight talk I've needed yo hear for 48yrs.

Thanks for the ino and admonition.

D . J . likes this.
  4. Klystron

Klystron Fapstronaut

Having to push the reset button again today. Finding myseilf getting caught up in ads on my phone and spending hours looking through pics of underwear/lengere adds both men and women. Had loaded a stupid discount shopping app and before I realized it I was clicking down a primrose path of clothing...under-armour...underwear...lengere...and yes, right into the adult "toy" dept! I really really hate the way my brain and this disease works.
    Going back and re-reading the Things you need to know again.

Any experience on dealing with this "Hands Off my stuff" would be greatly appreciated. That's really all I've ever known.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    level200 and D . J . like this.
  5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Reread it again and then be honest with yourself at all times. For example, admit to yourself when you are looking at clothing to see something triggering. Determine what you could have done instead of what you did so you can possibly prevent it from reoccurring.

Klystron likes this.