1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Severing our right hand

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by xnx2, Dec 8, 2023.

1. xnx2

xnx2 New Fapstronaut

I am Christian, and this is one of the many reasons why I am trying to quit PMO, in order to have a better relationship with God. Now, I’m not trying to preach, but the Bible has some genuinely interesting things about PMO (or otherwise lust) that I should share with you. In Matthew 5:30, Jesus states that looking at a woman lustfully, is just as bad as committing adultery, since you already committed adultery in your mind and heart with her. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off. Of course, this should not be taken in a literal sense. What this verse tells us is that in order to really beat this addiction, we need to prevent it before it starts, and in my case, I’m locking my phone (source of relapses) for long periods of time in order to detach myself from it and also generally not be so co-dependent on social media. We are all people who have been damaged and broken by this disgusting act of evil we do to ourselves. Brothers, Sisters, it is time for us to sever the hand that bounds us to this addiction in our lives.