1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self isolating for two weeks in a new country.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TealKoala, Sep 24, 2020.

1. TealKoala

TealKoala Fapstronaut

So I've lived in the U.S. my entire life, and recently I was accepted to a graduate school in England. I decided to go because I wanted an opportunity to gain more independence and further my life, overall it felt like a really good idea on paper.

I've now arrived in England though and I don't know anyone at all, I have to self isolate for two weeks and out my window each day (in student housing) I just see all of these young attractive women hitting it off with guys, groups of friends socializing, and just generally social behavior that further puts a spotlight on how lonely this is.

On top of this I decided to use this year abroad as a time for change and I started a new nofap streak. I'm officially a week in going through some really bad low points with my emotional state and I'm not really sure what to do. There may not be a solution to this but just thought I'd ask if anyone has any advice with dealing with loneliness and nofap during strict isolation?

2. During your forced isolation, reaching out to friends and family back home is definitely a good idea. Spending time thinking about others over ourselves helps us to overcome our narcissistic tendency. Maybe there's some student group or body you can also reach out to online at your new school so you can start to build these new relationships. It'll be more than a good idea on paper, it could be the best time of your life, all things considered even. Good luck on your adventure!

3. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Being in a different country is THE opportunity to show oneself from another side and to meet new people! When I made vacation in a different country I felt in a great mood and have met a lot of people.
    So take the chance, go outside and talk to some people. Do you have some comrades in your class to ask to hang around for example in a pub or on a park etc.?

Making gym is a great opportunity to replace the habit of PMO. You can do gym at home or in a fitness center, which I would recommend because you won't be so isolated anymore.
    I did gym since July and after a while I can handle PMO so that I don't fall back (3 weeks without PMO meanwhile). It works, give it a try!