1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

scared of girls

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by matt2k12, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Yes that is exactly right. I do the same thing, when I think about something that is bad,

I play it through to the end.

That helps because the end of the depression or addictions is always grim.

If you are trading, that can also put you through some ups and downs.

I wish things were when I was young as they are now.

You can earn a return of about 4% on covered calls nowadays,

which is for the weekly expiration.

A guy who does that, diversifies, and can add money to his portfolio,

could be a millionaire in around a year.

They just put in as much as they can, live on the super economy cheap,

work as much as possible and write covered calls.

Even if you got to 150k, you'd make around $6k a week.

Even in this jacked up country, I could live on a fraction of that

and still grow.

You might think about doing that, and devoting a year to it.

Stay NoFap for that whole time, and you will make it.

Because trading stocks or options in the short term is too risky.

I spent a lot of years trying to day trade, and my losses were always bigger than my winners.

But you might not be doing that, it was just a guess.

Covered calls in a diversified portfolio, you will have that wealth,

faster than you think.

Just an idea, jog it around in your mind if it works for you.

matt2k12 likes this.
  2. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

#
    im hooked!
    gotta learn about it first however.
    got good resources to start?

@edit: alright, covered call not possible in europe -..-

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. The fact that you don't see a women using different men to eat out every couple days per week as "not a big-deal" is surprising indeed.

Although since you say you met your wife this way, so your outlook on this might be biased and leaning towards the positive side a little bit.

As for me, I don't like seeing men or women using another person to pay for their food on the pretext of dating as a good thing. (50-50 or you pay for whatever you eat is a far better alternative than enabling some random free-loader now and then.)

4. You're doing it.

Just keep doing it.

You are on the path.

Excellent work!

5. Yes, thats one of the many reasons why I gave up online dating. Its not even organic. Going on a date with someone with romantic intentions but you have no idea about their basic likes, dislikes, etc. Ive learned the hard way it is a big no no (well for me). Risky, but if I had no choice but to online date, I’d be quick to pull the friend zone trigger.

matt2k12 likes this.
  6. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I don't think it's a very good mindset to approach dating someone you don't know with this kind of cynical bitterness towards women. And women do much worse things to guys then letting them pick up the bill in a restaurant!
    So yes - it is a red flag if you've been on a couple of dates and she hasn't even offered to share the bill. But equally, I'm not going to sweat it if I picked up the bill and I never got a second date. Any more than I'm going to bitch about it if I hold the restaurant door open for her but she fails to return the favour. There are certain rules, and they aren't all fair, but nobody likes a moaner. Things are a lot better in that regard than they used to be and a lot of women will offer to share the bill (my wife offered on our first date, fyi. I covered it but suggested she paid next time, which she did!)

7. Hey, man! Just ignore JoshuaGraham. It's his opinion, it's trigerring, but why do you care about it?

You're doing great, that's important! Keep it up!

8. It is my opinion indeed. Because money is valuable, and a person you have never met might not be. You never know until you know them. Therefore it is smart not to waste any money on them if it can be helped.
    I don't care if you disagree though. It's not my money that goes down the drain :D

9. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I agree that spending money on someone you have never met and have no connection to is dumb.

But if you meet a girl that you have already been chatting to online, went for drinks and decided to take her to dinner, she is not a stranger to you any longer. Its not a business transaction, and i cant say whether you would be better or worse 'investing' money on a woman or somewhere else, but dating and taking a woman out to dinner is fun and enjoyable (with the right woman). Why not spend our money on something that makes us happy? Sounds like you're a bit of a scrooge mcduck about it all.