1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Say the Angelus Morning, Noon and Night

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Fr. Ripperger, a Catholic priest trained in exorcism recommends we find a path to holiness through loving obedience to God. One of his recommendations is to make it a disciplined habit to recite The Angelus at 6am, Noon and 6pm. I am trying to develop this habit.

V. The angel of the Lord declared unto Mary
    R. and she conceived of the Holy Spirit

Hail Mary full of grace....

V. Behold the handmaid of the Lord
    R. Be it done unto me according to thy word

Hail Mary full of grace....

V. And the Word was made Flesh
    R. and dwelt among us

Hail Mary full of grace...

V. Pray for us oh Holy Mother of God
    R. that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ

Mara43, Fulton, born3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I saw some youtube videos with Fr. Ripperger. I think exorcists can be very supportive to our faith because of their living faith and experience. What is for us mostly theology, for them is a practice.
    What are Fr. Ripperger's main points to become a saint? - To be a saint we have to be obedient to God (doing what the Bible, church and our conscious say). To be obedient to God we have to pray (regularly and often).

Mara43, Fulton, born3 and 2 others like this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Most recently, I have felt renewed attacks from the evil one, who probably sensed some weakness in me. However, I have also been led to see that meditating on the Passion of Christ is an immediate and effective tool to quell temptation and the rigor of praying the Angelus three times per day is shoring up a foundation of resistance in me.

Mara43 and born3 like this.
  4. Praying to the Angelus is very effective. Having some short prayers too, along with Scripture verses, have been very beneficial during times of temptations. Verse from the Psalms or small prayers like "Eternal Father, we offer you the wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ, to heal the wounds of our souls". Of course, prayers from the heart are always recommended.

Mara43 and CPilot like this.
  5. Me too!
    I think it's like taking a medicine with schedule, but a spiritual one. I do at least at noon and 6 pm because at 6 am I'm still sleeping :D
    I also try to pray the chaplet of Divine Mercy at 3 pm.

born3 likes this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I too am bad about making the 6AM prayer time. I have my excuses, the best one being, I don't want to wake my wife with an alarm to pray. I must find a way around that, because I know it is merely an excuse which contributes to lackadaisical discipline. Nevertheless, even though I don't always say the prayer exactly at 6/12/6, the act of stopping whatever I am doing and saying this lovely prayer three times per day is building my resistance to temptation, devotion to Mary and love of Christ. It is amazing to feel these things from the simple act of saying this short prayer three times per day! What a great blessing!

Mara43 likes this.