Satanism

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Pragmatic person, May 15, 2018.

1. I didn't say I don't believe in satan. I think at the very least there's an evil force in the world.

It seems to me you're going against what you said here :emoji_arrow_down:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/no-proselytizing.169706/page-2#post-1439412

2. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Does that make sense? There's evidence to support it but no proof - looks like a contradiction to me.

3. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

I suppose evidence is of empiric nature, while proof is strictly logical. Empirism is never logical as there is no logical way of getting from single observations to general claims about the nature of anything. The sun rose yesterday morning, it rose today, but that doesn't mean it will do so tomorrow, at least not from a logical viewpoint.

JustinX likes this.
  4. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

OK I understand. Well then in that case when talking about an issue as complex as the existence of God then it seems the more logical route to take is for all sides of the debate to establish proof for the existence of God rather than evidence since no side can empirically prove or disprove the existence of God.

5. Yes, this is why we have philosophy and theology. As someone else stated, demanding measurable evidence for a spiritual being is ridiculous.

6. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

Fair enough, that makes sense but even then given the intelligent design argument or the first cause argument and the other arguments for the existence of God, those arguments, at the very least, establishes deism rather than any form of specific theism. And usually from then on, the theists would say that it takes faith to believe in their specific God as opposed to the specific God of the other religions. But that's the thing faith can't be used as proof. I mean I agree that there's reasonable proof for the existence of God but when it comes to specific proof for the existence of God for a specific religion such as Judeo-Christian theism then it comes down to faith. Therefore can't all religions claim faith as proof for the existence of their specific God and wouldn't they be correct in that regard?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. Yes, that is the logical flow. First you come to the conclusion that there is a God. Then the next step which is asking who is God?

Of course ultimately faith is needed, however, not all religions give enough evidence for faith to be reasonable; by reason you would go with the one that gives the most evidence and that one religion has been Christianity.

8. Brokenman123

Brokenman123 Fapstronaut

I guess it all comes down to probability doesn't it? Ultimately the question: "Does God exist or not?" makes no sense... rather the better question to ask is: "Is it more probable or reasonable to believe that God exists or that God doesn't exist?" It should come down to a question of probabilities or a question of what is more reasonable and in my opinion it is more probable that God exists. The most evidence seems to be in favour of the Judeo-Christian God but still there are some things in the Bible that I can't seem to reason... I mean I've been a Christian for most of life, it's only recently I've started questioning my beliefs and when reading over some things in the Bible, some things in it leave me perplexed but anyway, who knows? As far as I can tell it's more probable that a God exists rather than God not existing.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  9. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Yes, people change. Honestly, I've been recently convicted by God to stand firm in my faith more, so that's what I'm doing. I'm not going to argue, but I'm also not going to say that Satan might not exist when I know that he does. I'm kind of tired of being soft on certain issues that I know to be true, just so I don't offend someone who doesnt agree. I'm not going to be a jerk about it, but I'm also not going to pretend that the truths of the Bible are just my opinions.

Either way, this is somewhat off topic and I don't wish to continue this conversation further.

10. Well, that's sad but I'll just leave you to it.

11. I have worshipped satan. Felt mentally better. Atlest no one can privatize satan.

12. BestVersionToday

BestVersionToday Fapstronaut

Its not actually Satanism, its not a worship of Satan as a spiritual being. It should actually be called Levayanism and it often is.

Also, Levey actually does believe in God and he's a really cool guy.

I had mixed thoughts about the book but now that you brought it to my attention I will read it againa and get back to the thread.

Real cool guy ^^ and the interviewer is a real dick but he couldnt get to Anton.
    There is actually a longer video of the same interview on youtube