Restart

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Thinker95, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Thinker95

Thinker95 Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Fapstronauts!

I've been watching this website for almost a year now and never thought about joining. But since I'm now serious about rebooting, I thought I'd fully get out of my comfort zone.

I've been pmoing since I was a teenager. I have a relatively successful life. I am a college student with high grades and some awards and scholarships here and there. I realize that even though I seem to be doing well, I feel empty...very empty. I know that I can achieve 10 fold what I already have if I gave up pmoing. I have been trying to quit since I was a teen but it never worked.

I look forward to being a part of this great community (so it seems so far)!

I'd appreciate it if you have early tips.

2. J. Fylz

J. Fylz Fapstronaut

First...welcome aboard! Same issues here...started early (9-10) only now getting on the right track. It’s not easy getting out of the pmo mentality.
    A bit of advice

Keep yourself in a state of constant openness. Break it down into:

What you don’t want in your life
    What you want to replace these old habits with.
    When/where and why you are most likely to break downwind return to your unwanted habits.
    Think of triggers (times of day, emotional situations, visual stimulation) and see how best to get well ahead of them.
    Above all....
    And keep in touch.
    We are here for ya man!

3. Thinker95

Thinker95 Fapstronaut

Thanks man! These are very helpful points.
    I kinda have everything on paper. Well thought and planned. Doing is the problem.
    I am blocking all social media and, temporarily, movies and tv shows. Instead, I am Reading more books and reliable news from actual newspapers. Waking up at 6 am taking a walk while listening to podcast (I recommend art of manliness). meditating and praying...etc

I will be here if you need help!

J. Fylz likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

Thinker95 and vxlccm like this.